Drinking alcohol after working out?

Options
Ive read many articles on how bad alcohol is for you, but in moderation I guess its not that so bad..

So what do you guys drink? wine, spirits, beers?

I know wines and vodka have the least amount of calories but drinking alcohol after exercising deletes all the effort so I read on the drink aware website, but how long after?

(well not straight after, morning I worked out then is it ok for me to drink tonight? without losing my workout gain?

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    If I want a drink on Saturday night I work out Saturday morning and Sunday morning.

I tend to have vodka and Diet Coke (60cals) wine is more calorific but beer is the worst for calories!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Ha ha!

I do a lot of scuba divng during the summer, and NOTHING quences the thirst after like a nice cold beer....

But I am trying to make sure I leave space for alcohol by working out more. I am pretty upset about how bad beer is for calories, but I suppose it just means I'll have to exercise more to pay for it!!!

I'm doing a wine tasting course at the moment, which is rather killing my enjoyment of cheap supermarket wines......I did notice there was a Weightwatchers wine (!) I nearly bought it just to see how bad it tasted, as it's a bit of a con - all 9% alcohol wines will be about the same calorific content, doesn't need to be special 'weightwatchers' wine....
  • WettonJ
    WettonJ Posts: 21
    Options
    wow weight watchers wine (I'll have to try that one) lol

I might have a few shots of vodka tonight maybe same as you with a diet mixture, I worked out this morning so my body should start to burn the calories tomorrow so ill visit the gym first thing to boost it. A personal trainer said if your drinking beer and want to be toned or slim down then it wont happen, unless like you say and work your *kitten* off.

Im not so keen on beer so thats an advantage. Enjoy your wine tasting course :-)