HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO YOU....

Options
2»

Replies

• leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    OK people - this thread is starting to worry me. So many of you are pooing 3-5 times a day - that's not good! Do you take laxitives to make you go so much? Or are you just having too much fibre in your diets?
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't take laxatives. I noticed the other day that I ate plenty of fiber, but I didn't drink enough water (only 9 glasses instead of 13+)...that backed me up. I only went once the next day (and I gained 2.5 lbs which I lost a day later after drinking more water).
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Doesn't 4-5 times a day qualify as diarrhea? LOL!
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you are not having pain, bloating ,etc. Stop worring about it! Take your fiber, drink your water and let nature take its course.

Great advice. I also have stomach problems and was taking Citrucel, however have stopped and have added 1 TBS of ground flax meal to my diet twice daily (once in the morning and once in the evening) and have found this to help. I also make sure I get lots of water - at least the 64 oz your are supposed to have a day and fiber throughout the day. I have heard that drinking warm water with lemon also helps so I have been adding lemon to my green tea every morning.
    I still definately do not go 3 times a day, if I go once a day, I am joyous. lol
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Just a note on laxatives in case anyone has ever thought its a good thing to do for dieting. Don't do it!

Due to serious medical problems, I have to go to the hospital every 6 months for a check up and this involves not eating ANYTHING for 2 days, taking v v strong laxatives and not drinking anything for 24 hours - it makes me I feel like I'm dying. After this process, if I stand on the scales and of course I'm 10lb lighter - but it isn't "real" weight loss. As soon as I get some fluids and food in me, I'm back to normal again.

Moral of the story, don't do laxatives unless you have been prescribed them! "Flushing your colon" is not good for you despite what the products might say!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    OK people - this thread is starting to worry me. So many of you are pooing 3-5 times a day - that's not good! Do you take laxitives to make you go so much? Or are you just having too much fibre in your diets?

I agree this is way too much. I have UC and I do go up 10 times a day and that is only because My colon is "broken". People with normal health should not be going this often. That is a sign that either something is wrong or you are doing something wrong to make your body act that way. I would give just about anything to be healthy again and only have to go once to twice a day. But as it is I go poop as often as so many people pee a day.
    So don't be doing stupid things to mess up the natural way that your body works. IT will just hurt you in the end. NO pun intended.
  • sophieyeahman
    Options
    That's ridiculous. Anything from 3 times a day to 3 times a week is normal.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    OMG no I work for a GI Dr. Everyone is different , some people 3 times a day, some every 3 days. As long as you go at least every 3-4 days you are fine. There is a saying you either poop or die, and its true.

Hey there! I am just curious as to why it is okay for some people to go only three or four times a day? Wouldn't that stuff get backed up in the colon and lead to other problems, like cancers of the colon? IBS, and other illnesses?