WTH! Help!!!

Options
So I was at a platue so I decided since I don't have enough time to go to the gym now I would just start doing my shred. Well since starting on Monday I have gained 3 pounds about. WTH!!! Is this normal, will I start losing weight eventually??? I was doing better at losing weight when I wasn't exercising at all and just watching my calories! I am so annoyed!!

Replies

• rperry10
    rperry10 Posts: 2
    Options
    :smile: YOu are probably gaining a little muscle....keep up with it and once your body adjusts then you will see the scale go down...
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. But I did start losing again. The Shred is not a high calorie burner, it is for toning and muscle definition. It will burn fat and build muscle at the same time so you may not see the weight fall off, but you should see the results in the mirror and on the tape measure. Stick to your diet and you should see yourself start to lose.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If you are sweating a lot and not drinking very much water then your body may be holding on to what you are giving it so you don't get too dehydrated. Try drinking more water.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    Your muscle is holding water to recover your weight will go down. The day after I go to the gym for weight training and cardio I actually weigh 5lbs more the next morning that is why my weigh day is 2 days after my last day at the gym for the week. Get you water in and it will change.
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it at all. Since you're doing something new, your body kind of "freaks out". It's probably retaining water and waiting to see if you're going to keep doing this. Once it realizes that this will continue, it'll start working for you again. I gained 5 lbs the first week I started exercising, but by the end of the first month, I lost 12 lbs. Just keep going and my suggestion is to not look at the scale for at least 2 weeks. It can get frustrating! Keep up the good work! :)