Slow like the turtle wins the race...

Options
I started doing this about a month ago, and I've lost just over 6lbs so far. I'm eatting MUCH better than I was before, and I'm exercising-not nearly as much as I should but it's a start, right? Anyway, I'm losing about 1-1.5 pounds a week, which as I've been told is a healthy way to lose it and keep it off. I'm feeling pretty good about this slow pace.

How are you doing on your weight loss? Slowly like the turtle or too much too soon?

Replies

• sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I started out very fast, what was probably mostly water weight. For the past couple weeks its been about 1.5 pounds. I just keep reminding myself it takes longer to take off than put on. I also am keeping track of my measurements and have seen big changes there.
  • tammi725
    tammi725 Posts: 6
    Options
    i have actually lost about 13lbs but i just recently discovered this little jewel on my cell phone...but i feel as if i am stalling now...i want to be down to a 9/10...but i am getting frustrated because i cannot get past 181lbs...its so frustrating...i am excercising, eating clean-no white foods, no refined carbs...and drinking water...but my husband told me that maybe its time to change up my workout and seriously add weights to my workout,,,,i think he maybe on to something...feeling frustrated!!!!
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    i've been at this 8 weeks and lost about 9 lbs. i think the slower you lose the weight the more effective it will be- in other words, it will STAY off!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady does win the race :) And....going slower and changing your eating habits will help keep it off in the long run. You're doing awesome!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I am slow like the turtle now. Dieting doesn't work for me. You go ON a diet, so therefore you go OFF a diet. What happens when you go OFF---you gain it back.
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race for sure! I've been losing about 2 lbs a week but mostly because of my wedding coming up in 99 days (AH!) so I wanted to lose faster. I'll definitely continue losing after the wedding too though! I've got 99 days to lose another 30 pounds!
  • abgoins512
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race for sure! I've been losing about 2 lbs a week but mostly because of my wedding coming up in 99 days (AH!) so I wanted to lose faster. I'll definitely continue losing after the wedding too though! I've got 99 days to lose another 30 pounds!

You can do it, girl! Keep up the great work!!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Great job! I keep telling myself I'd just like to drop about 30-40 before I get comfortable in almost all my clothes again then I'll be okay with slow and steady. I know that the slower it is the better for keeping it off building the new lifestyle and extra skin has time to readjust. But then I sometimes feel that a good chunk off in a few months would give me more confidence and motivation. Plus with that much gone I can work on a C25K program because I just loved when I have started walk/jogging-running in past.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!