sorry I posted in the wrong board here goes

Options
So I posted earlier this week, on Monday to be exact that I was going to follow MFP to the T. I have been exercising more .. I do exercise at the gym but this week I was jogging outside since the weather has been really good and I want to do my second 5K this summer. I started Monday weighing 169 then Wed I took a peek at the scale and saw 165, Yay! then this morning I took a peek at the scale and saw 167.6!! What gives? I have been staying within my calories. I was suprised to see a gain this morning since Thursdays are my busiest days and I am running around from place to place (I work for WW) and cover 3 meetings that are several miles from each other. Last night I had for dinner a huge salad with 2 tbs of balsamic vinegrette dressing and 3 oz of chicken. I treated myself to 1 cup of frozen yogurt but that shouldn't have caused me to gain 2 and a half pounds. I keep bouncing from 170-165 and can't seem to break this number.. I don't know what to do anymore!

Replies

• cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i'm having the same problem. i can't seem to lose anymore - i keep staying within the same 5-pound range. i think it's more about changing up food/exercise - our bodies become "immune" to the same thing day after day and needs a boost to kick it up again.
  • dfrankie
    dfrankie Posts: 6
    Options
    cindy4mica - your starting, current and goal weight show on your posts and I have to tell you - today is my first starting day and I am terrified that I can't win. 1200 calories - sure doesnt' seem like much at all and I have to find a way to get healthier and do it NOW. Your stats are very very encouraging! Any tips on low calorie fill up foods?
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    cindy4mica - your starting, current and goal weight show on your posts and I have to tell you - today is my first starting day and I am terrified that I can't win. 1200 calories - sure doesnt' seem like much at all and I have to find a way to get healthier and do it NOW. Your stats are very very encouraging! Any tips on low calorie fill up foods?

you CAN win!!! don't get me wrong - it's soooo hard (esp if you're like me and love your food - junk food, especially), but it's a mind-set. you have to want to do it. i'm just very cognisant of what i buy - i still get the foods i like, just the low-cal/low-fat versions. they may not taste 100% like the "good" stuff, but it works. and i let myself have "cheat" days so i don't feel like i'm depriving myself. i still have to work some sort of exercise into my life, but i'm just too lazy:(

oh, and don't give me *that* much credit - when i was at my heaviest, i had just given birth so a lot of the weight i lost back in may of 2010 was baby weight.