P90Xers - when did you start noticing results?

Options
I'm nearly done with wk 5 of the "lean" program (although I started subbing in Plyo for Cardio X; and I try to run once or twice a week). I "guess" i can tell my stomach is leaner (but not bikini worthy, not by a long shot), and my arms a bit more toned (I was already in half decent shape to begin with and my arms tone up fairly quickly/easily). I have not lost any weight, and God knows my legs have not gotten much smaller. If it helps, my stats are 5'3" and 135# (trying to get to 127-128). I am 37y old and noticing the weight comes of so...very..slow...(much slower than when I was trying to lose weight 8y ago).

Please tell me I'll see more noticeable changes by Day 90. I'm tracking calories now (just started MFP last week), and I workout daily (twice a day on weekends if I can find the time). I am about to purchase a HRM as well.

Replies

• bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Personally, I feel like the results are a bit slower for women than for men. Since the program is alot more about toning up, the weight loss is a bit harder to come by. Especially for someone as small as you are already :). I'm also in week 1 of Phase 2. Just took my 30day measurements & pics. Could hardly tell a difference in the pics. Inches-wise, I have lost a total of 3.5. I've lost a total of 12 lbs since starting MFP and probably half of that is since P90X. So, the results will come. I was told that between 60 and 90 days are when most people start to really SEE results as opposed to just FEELING them. HTH!
  • msl22
    msl22 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would look at your BMR and how many cals your eating my guess is there close. You most likely only have a deficit of around 100 calories a day if your eating your exercise calories. It will take you longer to lose a pound at that rate.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of strength training in P90X - even the lean version. You can't focus on the scale numbers because you are probably gaining some muscle while shedding fat. Muscle is denser than fat and takes up less space so you'll be getting smaller without seeing a scale change. I wouldn't worry about it.

And guess what? You can't tone muscles - they don't get harder or tighter. They can either get bigger or smaller, stronger or weaker. If they are looking more toned it is most likely fat coming off in those areas so you can see the muscle definition more. (It's hard for men to bulk up, next to impossible for women).

We all have 6-pack abs. We just need to shed the layer of fat covering them up. And as you get smaller the weight loss increments get smaller.

Check out these two links: "An Email Response that Might Help Some..." - in my signature and
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

Very, very interesting.
  • raelynnjordan
    raelynnjordan Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well I know that in the first 30 days, your body is working so hard to build muscle because its not used to that. So you will probably bulk up a little bit. The next 30 days are little bit better, and then the last 30 you really will lean out. But I've heard from TONS of people that the first 30 days you bulk because you're building muscle. Hope that helps you! Good luck to you!!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Yeah< i'm probably eating too many of my exercise calories (and yet I'm still dealing with hunger pangs!).

I just don't want to be the one moron who does the program and doesn't get any results (-;
  • bigbird_lv
    Options
    My wife and I are currently doing Insanity. And I have done P90x previously (not the full 90 days but just workouts 3 days a week plus my own weight lifting). My wife hasn't really lost weight either but she has toned up. It could be that you are building muscle (which weighs more than fat) so it is off setting fat loss. Just stay the course and you will be alright.