Too Thin?

Options
13»

Replies

• michelegbowman
    Options
    Some people do not know how to give a gracious compliment.

Too thin or drawn up all means the same thing -- they've recognized you've lost weight. Pat yourself on the back...

You can respond by taking the high road....

"My doctor is thrilled with my weight loss and I feel happier and healthier than I've been in years. Thanks for noticing." ...and give them a great big gracious smile...
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    OK, so on the other end of the spectrum: I'll be the first to admit that I've done this before...maybe part of it does stem of jealousy, but honestly, I've only said it to a handful of friends who look great just the way they are!! To me, I was trying to reassure them that losing weight doesn't appear to be that critical for them! And yeah, I'll admit that it bugs me when my skinny friends complain about wanting to lose a few pounds to ME, who needs to lose a lot more than a few! :laugh: so I don't know, I guess it depends on who is saying the comments and how close you are because I wouldn't dare make harsh judgments about someone I'm not close with... but at the end of the day, you can just ignore the comments and do what you want to do (as long as it's healthy!). =)
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I just think it is an adjustment
    when I first lost about 3+ yrs ago I got a ton of comments......now since I have maintained this weight 9for the most part) for so long, it's just who I am.....
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    I personally think that some people who lose a lot of weight especially in the face tend to look older and "drawn out!" My husband is one of them! He has lost 100lbs and keeps losing and his face to me has really aged with it and the skin is loser, not sure how to explain it, lol, but I look back at pictures when he was 40lbs heavier and I think he looks better in the face! Also a friend of mine has lost a huge amount of weight too and I also think she has really aged in her face with it! Her body looks awesome, but her face is really drawn out and old looking with a lot of lose skin as well! Just my opinion! Doesn't mean you should stop losing or gain back, your much better off at a healthy weight!
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    My best friend started losing a lot of weight a few years ago. She never mentioned she was on a diet or anything. She is 5'4'' and before she lost, she was a bit overweight, but not terribly.

At her lowest, she came to weigh 98 lbs. and was classified as anorexic. She now sees a nutritionist weekly at her school because once she got there (without being under her parents eyes) she just did not eat and exercised constantly.

Since I was her best friend, I would comment and say she looked sickly and was too small (I realize that is harsh of me to say to someone with an eating disorder, but I didn't know at the time). I was not saying it out of jealousy, it was out of pure concern. She did not look good, yet had stupid girls telling her "with your weight loss you look sooo amazing!!" which would aggravate me to death.

So, maybe people are just concerned? Maybe they think you look better with meat on your bones. You do not sound underweight at all, so just congratulate yourself on all the hard work you've done! (sorry for the ranting story)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!