Yogurt.

Options
I have recently discovered Chobani and YoGreek brand Greek yogurt. Love the protein, hate the carbs. I especially love the ones that come with granola.

I have only tried strawberry or strawberry banana flavors and am not big on spending money on something without trying it, so I have thought maybe yall could suggest your favorite flavor or even your favorite healthy recipe to make with yogurt.

I have a delish recipe for pasta sauce made with plain yogurt for whole grain pasta that I can swap in return. :)

Replies

• judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Oikos greek yogurt and Brown Cow. I think where I live Brown Cow is only a 1.00 each. If you join stoneyfield you can get coupons for Oikos. My favorite flavors are Oikos-strawberry and blueberry. For Brown Cow I like the vanilla, strawberry and blueberry.
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have used plain greek yogurt in pretty much any recipe I can fit it in lol- its a great alternative to heavy cream or milk in almost anything. I have used it in pasta sauce, to thicken/creamify soups (butternut and acorn squash / tomato soups), tzatziki is a great way to use greek yogurt and super easy (ive done it with cucumber or a variation using avocado) and is a great way to replace things like mayo or spread for your sammiches. I've even used it to add moisture and a little zing to turkey burgers/ falafel :)

As for flavors of yogurt, I'm afraid I cant help you much there lol. I love yogurt with fresh fruit (not flavored yogurt) and just a little honey. :)
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think all greek yogurt is good! They only have minimal taste differences, especially with the plain flavor. I would go with the one with the best nutrition facts and/or the cheapest price.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I have falling in love with Fage, full fat, plan, add your own fruit and whatever this will help keep the carbs down.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I finally tried Greek yogurt this weekend it was vanilla so yes, high in carbs. It was nothing unique, just high cal yogurt therefore thicker.

It is the fruit that increases the carbs. If you just want the protein you are going to have to buy plain and add fruit or flavoring - at least you'll know it’s more natural fruit not dehydrated or other oddly processed stuff. I read the package for plain and it had 6 carbs in Liberte's brand, mine has 20'ish for vanilla. Mine was also $4.99 regular price the other was $7.99 what gives!
  • myndee
    myndee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the Oikos plain & honey flavor for a few weeks and love it, tried Fage for the first time this morning and I think it was alot creamier, although it was a bit more expensive...
  • Lizzgeorge77
    Lizzgeorge77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like Oikos, but it's much better to get the Plain versions no matter what brand you get. Otherwise the sugar content makes it more like a dessert. It's naturally pretty sweet anyway, and even the plain flavors have 5+ grams of sugar often. You can add fruit to sweeten it and get some nutrients in, or just add a few drops of Stevia extract instead.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My stomach survives the combo of yogurt and fresh tomatoes, so I make a mix of:
    tuna
    yogurt
    corn
    tomato
    maybe some goat cheese
    wholegrain bread
    Its actually what I eat most of the time... a little boring but when I want to spice it up I add also onions!