Child bike seat

Stagezz
Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
I am buying a seat for my daughter to hook onto my bike.
Which ones are better the ones that go on the back or the one that goes infront of you?

Thanks!

Replies

• Bump. Thanks for posting this q, Stagezz. I'm curious too.
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    I'm so gonna keep an eye on this post, I just said to my hubby last week I wanted one of these.

I would like the ones that sit in the front, but my daughter is so curious and in the "I can do it" stage, I'm afraid she'd grab the handles.
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    I don't have the seat, but I've got a bike trailer. My little boy LOVES it!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Back most DEFF. I tried the front one and it just got in the way and the back one seems to be more stable too! The front one is a nice thought, but when u think about it, do passegers ride on the front of motorcycles?? LOL My other thought is if u plan on riding on busy streets, get the seat. If u plan on riding on side streets, get the thing that pulls behind, cuz most time, baby (or toddler) falls asleep and it makes it easier to steer with a pull behind (speaking from experience) Hope that helps in ur decision making!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    If u plan on riding on side streets, get the thing that pulls behind, cuz most time, baby (or toddler) falls asleep and it makes it easier to steer with a pull behind (speaking from experience) Hope that helps in ur decision making!

Never thought about this : ) Thanks
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    My daughter is really tall, so i think behind would be easier for me to have her on my bike...No way she would sit in a pull behind though...she is TOO busy! She would want OUT! lol
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    My daughter is really tall, so i think behind would be easier for me to have her on my bike...No way she would sit in a pull behind though...she is TOO busy! She would want OUT! lol
    I thought the same thing too, my daughter is 2 & 1/2 and is wicked tall....she looks like ur average 4 yr old. She actually did more kicking of my thighs on the back. If u know anyone who has a pull behind, ask them if u can borrow it for a few days, or just buy one...u can always return it! I give my daughter a couple books to read and usually go for a ride more towards naptime on a full belly. It works like a charm :bigsmile:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    i asked the guys at the bike shop about that, and they said they won't even sell the front one because they don't think it's safe enough
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    i bought a bike and a trailer last year - i was told the bike seats were not safe - if you go down for any reason your child does too - in a trailer, they will stay upright...now i know we don't fall that often (i never have) , but my kids did fall asleep in the trailer...

more sleep from kiddos = less crankiness = happier mommy! :)
  • I like the idea of a trailer, but I live in a part of the world where many people own larger vehicles and tend to drive like arseholes. I worry about the visibility of the trailer.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    they're pretty easy to see, and they also come with a flag on a pole for added visibility.
This discussion has been closed.