Options
i lost the most wonder father on jan 13 it was unexpeced
and he made me promise to lose weight he want me to get healthy
and i reall miss him a lot and cant stop thing about him

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear about your dad and will definitely be sending some prayers your way. I lost my father in May of 2009 to lung cancer less than 3 months after he was diagnosed- it completely devistated me. My dad and I were very close and it still feels like there is a huge hole in my heart.

It gets better with time.
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you right now, as well as my support and encouragment. If you are anything like me, this is when you would want to eat the most. Just remember to take it one day at a time, and whenever you feel you really are missing him, just remember that he is walking around with you.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I lost my husband in 2003 to an auto accident! All I can tell you is that the pain will never go away but it gets better :)
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Of course you can't stop thinking about him! You have a big hole in your life and you are still in shock. Try to remember all the happy times you had together, and talk about him every day. He will always be with you and watching over you. Talk to him too. I will ask my Angels to help.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for you loss. *HUGS!* It's hard.

I lost my Mom in Dec 2008 after 4 months of hospitalization with enough complications to fill an entire season of House MD. (Seriously... I can't watch that show without hearing something she had. Vasculitis. Lupus. Renal Failure. Heart Failure. MRSA. Aspergilosis. Sepsis. And a ton more.) I lost my Dad unexpectedly on February 26 of last year. It's still a shock. But in a way, it was "easier" with my Dad because it was so sudden. I know he wasn't suffering like Mom was. I talked to him on the phone an hour before he died. He was perfectly fine. It was the way he'd have wanted to go. Maybe not the TIME he wanted to go, but quickly, without lingering in pain.

It's hard. It's going to be hard. But you can do this. Remember that your Dad wants you to live a good life. He wants you to be happy. He wants you to be healthy and strong. Dedicate your new healthy life to him.

That's what I'm doing. One of the reasons I got into running was to do 5k runs for health related fundraisers. Got my first one in just over two weeks for the Red Cross.
  • kao1970
    kao1970 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you all for the support
    and sorry for your losses
    as my dad would say peace love and hope
    and god bless
    Karen