Bad week

Options
I was doing really great until this week. I have been craving sweets and giving in to my cravings. I dont think I stayed under my calories this whole week, which Im not proud of. I shouldnt be PMSing until next week, so I dont know what my problem is. I know better, but its like I didnt care. I weighed 147.8 yesterday and 149 today :( Yesterday I went to Wendys for lunch with my intentions on getting a baked potatoe and chili, but instead I got a double stack, small fry and frostie. I would have more calories if I worked out, but I just havent had the time. I work full time, plus Im a mom. I am hoping the weekend and next week is much better. I always log during the week, but its hard to log on the computer on the weekends. I just thought I'd post to get it off my chest. I am not far from my first goal which is 145! I really need to focus. Words of wisdom would be nice or maybe even a kick in the rear ;)

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it- we all have bad weeks like that. My trigger is stress and I've had PLENTY of it lately, so I've hiked back up the numbers on my scale.

Just use it as a learning tool and give yourself a kick on the behind (rather hard physically to do that....but you get the point :laugh: )!
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    One bad week won't ruin all the hard work! Just do better next week and you'll be fine!
  • jscimeca
    jscimeca Posts: 66
    Options
    We have all had days like that. The best advice I can give you is: Don't dwell on it... I mean that in the nicest way, it sounds kinda mean...
    Seriously what I've learned is that if you keep kicking yourself over it, you might get to the point where you give up. You've come too far to let a pound and a half kill your total efforts. Hang in there girl, you'll be alright!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Just keep pushing forward, know you are going to have off times, and be accountable.
    However, beating yourself up accomplishes nothing!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar junkie! I have always allowed myself to eat some sweets when i want and try to keep things like Jolly Ranchers, Hershey Kisses, small sweets around so I can get them. I keep them "hidden" so I don't see them adn want them. This way I don't binge on things. Also I add Crystal Light to go packets to my water so I get some sweet taste there and drink plenty of water each day. My minimum is 64 oz, but I usually do at least 80 oz. I also find when I drink the minimum amount of water, I am nto as hungry throughout the day and also not bloated. When I slack off on water, like on weekends, I tend to bloat the following day.
    Exercise is key also, even just dancing with your kids a few times a day burns those cals! I have a home daycare, mom of an 11 1/2 yr old girl, involved in different activities (both of us), hubby is a volunbteer fire fighter, we are season ticket holder to a local AHL team in our state,.... This month is nuts with meetings, classes, appointments, games,.... I actually write in workout times at least 3 times a week on my calendar so I don't schedule anything!!
    Try to do better today, since you can't undo yesterday! Focus on what you can change no on what you can't!! Next time you go to Wendy's STICK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL HEALTHIER PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
    Have a wonderful day!!! CHOOSE HEALTHY AND THINK THINNER AND TONED!!!!!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Don't dwell on it to the point where you make yourself miserable and then use that as an excuse... just learn from it.

And now change your focus to: "What am I going to do to make this week a better week!"
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am a sugar junkie! I have always allowed myself to eat some sweets when i want and try to keep things like Jolly Ranchers, Hershey Kisses, small sweets around so I can get them. I keep them "hidden" so I don't see them adn want them. This way I don't binge on things. Also I add Crystal Light to go packets to my water so I get some sweet taste there and drink plenty of water each day. My minimum is 64 oz, but I usually do at least 80 oz. I also find when I drink the minimum amount of water, I am nto as hungry throughout the day and also not bloated. When I slack off on water, like on weekends, I tend to bloat the following day.
    Exercise is key also, even just dancing with your kids a few times a day burns those cals! I have a home daycare, mom of an 11 1/2 yr old girl, involved in different activities (both of us), hubby is a volunbteer fire fighter, we are season ticket holder to a local AHL team in our state,.... This month is nuts with meetings, classes, appointments, games,.... I actually write in workout times at least 3 times a week on my calendar so I don't schedule anything!!
    Try to do better today, since you can't undo yesterday! Focus on what you can change no on what you can't!! Next time you go to Wendy's STICK WITH YOUR ORIGINAL HEALTHIER PLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:
    Have a wonderful day!!! CHOOSE HEALTHY AND THINK THINNER AND TONED!!!!!

I have been having the hardest time trying to drink more water. I just dont drink much of anything. I was drinking 8 glasses a day easy when I was pregnant and after I had the baby, but now I am not. I really need to start again, so good for you. Im looking into getting a jogger to start taking baby on walks and jogs!

Thanks for the support! I'd like to eventually be 140 :)