HRM and underwired bra?

Options
Hi all

This may be a daft question, but I am relatively new to using HRMs.

Would an underwire bra (sports bra) affect the sensor for the HRM at all or would it not make any difference? Bearing in mind that the chest strap/sensor sit under the bust where the bra band would sit...

Thanks all
Jacqueline

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't think it makes a difference! The band is flat and fits under the underwire, and the sensor is in the middle so it doesn't seem to get in the way. At least for me ;)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Good question! I always put my HRM strap just over my chest though, so the problem (if any) is totally eliminated! :)

Edit: by "over" I mean, over my boobs rather than under, hehe.
  • smithalcutie
    smithalcutie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i just got a polar ft4 hrm so i know exactly what you are saying. i where a soft sports bra and my workout shirts have built in bras and with all that it works and feels comfortable. my boobs are way to big to put my hrm over hahaha
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    the other day i wore my hrm with a new bra with this crazy wire on the side and it said i burned 6000 calories in like half hour. i got really mad and thought the thing was broken!! my hrm is an upper arm band, so it was really close to the wire. i wonder if that was the problem!! i didn't even make that connection til i saw this post. i never wear bra's with wire, it was laundry day and that was all i had lol :) it could have just been a weird coincidence, but i've never had a problem with my hrm before or after that, so maybe...
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I've just ordered a Freya underwire sports bra (can't stand non-wired).

My current HRM (which is going back tomorrow) seems very inaccurate and the OH seems to think this is something to do with the wire in my bra (it's not a sports bra, so lots of bouning hence the investment in the Freya!). It seems to lose signal and then tells me my heart is galloping along at 239 BPM - which I would assume could be possible providing I was a hummingbird!!!!!