TIP FOR A NEWBIE :)

glorod
glorod Posts: 54 Member
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi Everyone,

Im new to mfp and so far loving it. Do you have any tips for weightloss or any advice as far as whats worked for you?? let me know or add me as a friend.

<3 Gloria

Replies

• Do a lot of advanced planning: Meals throughout the day and time to exercise. Don't do it ad hoc.

Don't fudge the calories and when in doubt, overshoot.

If you're hungry, don't avoid eating!

Welcome to MFP.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Good morning, what works for me is drinking lots of water (at least 8 glasses a day), don't skip breakfast, eating 3 meals a day (300-400 cal) 2 snacks (200-300 cal) which keeps your metabolism boosted, eating good lean meats like chicken and fish, healthy snacks like unsalted almonds, yogurt, string cheese, fruit, and raw veggies, getting in a good amount of fiber because it keeps you fuller longer, getting in proper amount of protein for energy, some type of exercise everyday and can't stress enough on the water:) Good luck with your weight loss:)
  • glorod
    glorod Posts: 54 Member
    thanks everyone! keep em coming :)
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Watch the sodium intake. It seems strange at times but I had no idea how much sodium was in certain things (i.e. Lunch meat). And I just got some really great advice to keep an eye on that. So I've added it to my food diary so I can moderate my sodium intake.
This discussion has been closed.