fiber

Options
How much fiber should a person take in? I take in a lot of fiber with the foods I eat. It is like 28-30grams a day. I think that is like 100% of daily fiber if not just a little less. Should I take in more or less? Please help me

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I believe I've heard 25-35g a day, so you are good. I started eating foods higher in fiber so that I can eat less and not be hungry again in 2 hours, but it sounds like you are already doing fine.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    less, nope! More..... you don't HAVE to. As in, I wouldn't go out of your way to eat more. If you do, awesome, if you don't you're fine. I get between40-60g/day, but I'm a veg, so a lot of my stuff is more fiber based. Kudos on thinking about it!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I heard just the other day that we need 35 grams per day.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    I don't know tha answer but if you go to your food settings you adjust it to also track fiber...I think. If so, then it will tell you the amount you should have. Good Luck!
  • miranda75
    miranda75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just went to my food settings and it says I should take in 16g of fiber a day. I am always over that and it does not bother me what so ever. I guess the more fiber I eat the fuller I feel and it will help with other things as well.