When do the cravings subside??

Options
2»

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Maybe instead of eating "healthy" you should think about eating "well". What I mean by that is you don't have to eat nothing but bland "diet" or "health" food to eat right. Eat good quality food, fresh over packaged every time you can, prepared in healthier ways, and watch your portion sizes. For example, instead of fried chicken, have 4 ounces of skinless chicken breast breaded with seasoned Panko or homemade breadcrumb breading and baked. You might be surprised how good it is and how quickly you decide that you don't need fried chicken any more.

Some will disagree with this, but I also make it a point to eat whatever I want one day a week as long as I stay under 2000 calories that day. I figured my weekly calorie goal (9800, not a lot :ohwell:), subtracted 2000 calories off that for my "free day", then divided the rest by six for the calories for the rest of the week. Sure, that one day a week is restricted to 2000 calories, but it's still a treat, and I harldy ever have cravings. When I do have a craving, I simply say to myself "well, THAT'S what I'll have this Saturday, but for now I'll be good." Works every time!

I do eat well. I eat a lot of good yummy healthy foods that I really enjoy, but that doesn't take away the cravings for bad food as well, just because I like and eat yummy healthy food.