Sex and calorie loss

Options
I was wondering if sex is considered a good exercise and how many calories do you burn?
I mean, that would be a lot better than running on a treadmill!

Replies

• fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was told about 348 per hour. So get busy. lol
  • venwright
    Options
    Of course there is some calorie loss, but it depends on how strenuous the "session" is. Missionary probably only accounts for 2 calories burned over 20 minutes:-)
  • roadbiscuit2000
    Options
    I don't see people logging that as exercise, but it certainly can't hurt so I say the more the better.
  • ginaanddarin
    Options
    Lmao I was wondering the same thing myself! Glad you had the guts to put it out there....but then not sure if I would wanna "log" my sex life lol
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    Hah.. I told my boyfriend I was going to wear my HRM to bed. He laughed at me, but figured as long as there was still sex, he was okay with it. ;p

(Edit: No, I haven't done it yet.)
  • dacomstock
    Options
    Intercourse is a great source of cardio. So, have as much fun as possible. :)
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    From all things that I have read, the calories burned are typically minimal.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    average sex is about 68 cals... i dont know how long of a sex session it is but thats average.... so you may want to get in some awesome foreplay! lol
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Log it in as wrestling if it's real heavy...
    dancing if it's just moderate ;]
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    Not enough calories burned to even count.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    google it :o) there are websites that tell you what you've burnt depending on how stenuous it was... being on top can burn quite a bit lol raise that HR!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on time and effort spent.. roughly you can burn MAYBE 64 calories per every 20 min. of intercourse, think about running on a treadmill.. how hard do you really have to work in order for that treadmill to read 100 calories burned.. most take at least 22 min. and when you get off you should be winded and pouring sweat.. if you can get the same results in a 20 min. sex session, you go girl!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    www.healthstatus.com will answer your question!
  • tungaiunwa
    tungaiunwa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc theres actually a calculator for foreplay and sex on here
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Log it as aerobics! And if your going to do it, you be on top. Wayyyyyy more calories burned :wink:
  • catysthename
    catysthename Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories burned to even count.

Must be having some pretty lame sessions! hahaha
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't see people logging that as exercise, but it certainly can't hurt so I say the more the better.
    i do. lol
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I think an elliptical would be a much better source for calorie burn but have fun! :)
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hah.. I told my boyfriend I was going to wear my HRM to bed. He laughed at me, but figured as long as there was still sex, he was okay with it. ;p

(Edit: No, I haven't done it yet.)

You just made me CRACK UP at my desk at work! made my day...I could just see the look on my husbands face!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Log it in as wrestling if it's real heavy...
    dancing if it's just moderate ;]

WRESTLING? Jeez, you like the rough stuff huh? :tongue: