Insanity vs. Jillian Michaels

Options
Hey guys,

I've been doing some videos by JM for a while now. I got through the 30DS and now I'm working my way through alternating between Banish Fat Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones.

I was just wondering how Insanity compares to those videos? I want to try it but I'm SO scared! LOL.

Replies

• britlew
    britlew Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i am 5 days into my first round (attempted to start several times before but never stuck to the schedule) and I love it.. I have the JM dvd too and it doesnt compair.. I like the length of JM but the workout of Insanity
  • thor9424
    thor9424 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you lose doing the shred? And I have no idea about these things. I want to see what others say. I am really interested!!
  • crazy4eachother
    Options
    The cool thing about insanity is you do what you can and build from there! Insanity has lots of high impact plyo, cardio, strength... very little down time. I'm not sure how the compare to JM vids but never be too scared to try :)
  • mpdes
    mpdes Posts: 40
    Options
    I have 30 DS and No more trouble zones(NMTZ). I actually started with NMTZ before going to 30 DS, I highly recommend it. I am not going to lie, this one is more difficult and it's closer to an hour. you might feel like it's very hard and you want to stop, but OMG it works. I should start doing those again...

I recently got the Yoga one from JM. Haven't tried it yet. Someone has?!
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. I'm also curious. I hear that Insanity is REALLY tough, but if you've already finished a cycle of the 30DS & are now doing BFBM and NMTZ, I'm sure you're building up your strength and endurance to start Insanity. Listen to your body. You'll know when you're able to advance.

How did you do as far as inches lost during the 30DS. I'm currently doing the 30 day slimdown which incorporates 30DS, BFBM & NMTZ. I'm on day 10 right now and I feel stronger. Just wondering how you did overall and how you feel. Thanks!

Shred on!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've completed both programs. JM's Shred definitely prepared me for Insanity. Insanity is intense. The workouts are longer and tougher. A real challenge! You'll be proud of yourself when it's done, no doubt about it. Give it a go if you've got the time to commit to the 63 day program six days a week! Challenge yourself.
  • amaymorrison
    Options
    What is 'insanity'? I too am doing JM 30DS, but would like to up it up. Thanks :)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred will be PREP work for Insanity. Insanity is on a different level, it's an extreme workout. It will increase your cardio endurance greatly.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I've been doing some videos by JM for a while now. I got through the 30DS and now I'm working my way through alternating between Banish Fat Boost Metabolism & No More Trouble Zones.

I was just wondering how Insanity compares to those videos? I want to try it but I'm SO scared! LOL.

I did exactly this for 5 weeks before starting Insanity. It REALLY helped. BFBM is good prep for Insanity. Insanity will still kill you, but it'll be better! I think of BFBM as a mini Insanity and NMTZ as a mini P90X. Good luck, I think you'll do great!
  • jaderz
    jaderz Posts: 7
    Options
    I am starting Insanity on Monday! =) Would love to keep eachother motivated!!!
  • alazarus
    alazarus Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Speaking of JM, I picked up Shred It With Weights a month ago, and I love it!!!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have 30 DS and No more trouble zones(NMTZ). I actually started with NMTZ before going to 30 DS, I highly recommend it. I am not going to lie, this one is more difficult and it's closer to an hour. you might feel like it's very hard and you want to stop, but OMG it works. I should start doing those again...

Regarding the JM Yoga - as someone who has done yoga for a long time (11 yrs - on and off but definitely enough to know what I"m doing), I *hate* her yoga disc. It's way too hard for someone who isn't conditioned for yoga (most of her target audience) and she spends no time going over proper form, so I actually consider that one dangerous. Aside from that, though, I love all her other workouts!

I've done all of JM's stuff that I can find, along with the other BL videos. I started with Shred as someone coming from no exercise. It was wickedly hard and totally worth it. I then "graduated" to NMTZ and BFBM, alternating. Again, they were very hard at first, and well worth it. After a year of JM and BL discs, I decided I was ready to push it up again. I got P90X for xmas and LOVE it. I haven't tried Insanity, but I think they're close in terms of intensity.
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am starting Insanity on Monday! =) Would love to keep eachother motivated!!!

I not ready for Insanity - YET. Nor do I have the DVDs but I'm looking forward to learning about your journey!!! You'll do great!
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you lose doing the shred? And I have no idea about these things. I want to see what others say. I am really interested!!

I'm really stupid about tracking my progress. I started the Shred last year in January and I did it for 3 months and I lost 10 or 11 lbs. This is w/o altering my diet at all.

Then I got lazy for the rest of the year (The trip to Jamaica was over and done and I had no motivation, lol) So anyways jump to 2011 I started level 1 in January and unlike last year nothing happened. Then in February I went to level 2 and then Level 3. I just started BFBM & NMTZ at the very end of Feb and I can tell my body is getting smaller but I haven't really lost any weight. And I didn't start measuring myself until mid February and I haven't really noticed anything much on that part.

However I decided that because the scale isn't moving (and I'm actually eating quite well this time) that I really need to start measuring now. So I made myself an excel spreadsheet to fill out every Monday. So we'll see how that goes.

Sorry I don't have more info for you. But I will say that the 30DS really helped me move my way up to those other videos and I know I'm A LOT stronger and have more endurance than I ever did before :D
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Shoot! I would say go for Insanity!!! Nothing compares to it and it's just an awesome program! I seen changes in my body weekly!

I was doing a Jillian's Micheal workout program because "I wanted to get in shape before Insanity" (Insanity is tough if you are in or out of shape...Shaun T even takes his own breaks! lol)

Yeah I stopped it and said screw this! I had like a breakdown during her workouts and just HATED myself. I also didn't feel like staring at a person who is skinny and full of herself (I do like Jillian but in the shape up series she does seem a little cocky). I LOVE how Shaun T just motivates you!

I'm also impatient, so to get a better body in just 60 days got my attention and it is true to its word! Basically it is about pushing yourself and doing what you can do! I knew to not expect results you see on the TV cause I had some body fat to lose but still I had good results!

Lots of my friends are getting Insanity or TurboFire based on my results. I was like the guinea pig! LOL

I have no regrets about just jumping right into Insanity. =) Best decision I ever made!!!
  • miche410
    miche410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been on Insanity for 4 1/2 weeks. I just started week 4 over again because I relocated cities last week and got off track. I ran a marathon in February and gained about 6 pounds in the process (on 5'4 that is a dress size). I ordered Insanity and followed the diet pretty closely up until my move. Haven't missed a workout with the exception of last week - and I've lost 2/12 inches off my waist (which is my problem area), an inch off each thigh, and 2 inches off my hips. I can't wait to see what the second month brings.

Keep at it - it is super hard at first, but it will get easier. It sounds so silly, but when Shaun starts yelling in the videos I pretend I'm in the gymnasium with Tonya and the rest of them and he's yelling directly at me. It motivates me.

It's the best workout I've ever done - and the fastest results I've ever seen. Those dumbass infomercials don't lie!
  • annabethnix
    Options
    It seems logical that insanity would be tougher, because it's ten times the price of Jillian Michaels.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about T25
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Regarding the JM Yoga - as someone who has done yoga for a long time (11 yrs - on and off but definitely enough to know what I"m doing), I *hate* her yoga disc. It's way too hard for someone who isn't conditioned for yoga (most of her target audience) and she spends no time going over proper form, so I actually consider that one dangerous. Aside from that, though, I love all her other workouts!

I've done all of JM's stuff that I can find, along with the other BL videos. I started with Shred as someone coming from no exercise. It was wickedly hard and totally worth it. I then "graduated" to NMTZ and BFBM, alternating. Again, they were very hard at first, and well worth it. After a year of JM and BL discs, I decided I was ready to push it up again. I got P90X for xmas and LOVE it. I haven't tried Insanity, but I think they're close in terms of intensity.

Which yoga DVD are you talking about? She's got different ones. I never did yoga before starting the Yoga Meltdown DVD, and I lived through it. Just looking at the girl who shows the easier modifications of the moves will help. Really got me interested in yoga, actually. Who cares what it looks like...I'm by myself in the living room...I don't do facebook....nobody will ever know....lol

Besides, most of Jillian's workouts are somewhere on youtube by now. The other. DVD packages are obscenely expensive..
  • 3RMomma
    3RMomma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pre-baby I lost 25lbs doing various JM dvds, especially 30DS and Ripped in 30... Now that I"m trying to loose the baby weight I decided to try JM's Body Rev b/c I've had such a good experience w/her and I know too many people who bought things like Insanity and P90X etc. and struggled w/the intensity and time commitment... I'm at the end of my 2nd week and I'm so happy I went with Body Revolution... There are three phases and each phase has 4 workouts and a cadio. They get progressively more challenging and are filled w/Jillian awesomeness...