Exercise with back trouble?

Options
HI,
I am 30 years old and I have had severe back pain since October, Doctor said it's chronic sciatica, i am waiting tests but since October i had gained well over a stone in weight. I do move about and try to walk but bending and exercise DVD's which I did before are impossible. It even hurts to lift a kettle some days. I find it difficult to put my own shoes on and i have 4 children so getting them dressed and playing with them are all things i can't do like I did before.

I have lost 12lbs since the begining of February eating a very low calorie diet but as i have suffered from IBS and dispepsia for a long time, being hungry all the time is not helping at all. I would like to be able to eat slightly more but that would require burning more calories per day.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Donna

Replies

• calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    do you have access to a pool? i was thinking maybe light water aerobics, as you're essentially weightless in the water. of course, it will depend on the range of motion you have, too.
  • donna1981xx
    Options
    do you have access to a pool? i was thinking maybe light water aerobics, as you're essentially weightless in the water. of course, it will depend on the range of motion you have, too.
    That's a great idea thanks but unfortunately no i don't, I need something i can do at home as I run a hotel and have 4 kids, i want to do like 30mins or so every few days from home. :o(