Thunder Thighs... Seriously. ;)

Options
2»

Replies

• Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have this same problem. It's so frustrating - I'm at your size too, so I know what it's like. I have to buy jeans that fit my waist, which usually means they are too big in the thighs. Old Navy is the best place I've found for curvy jeans in a variety of cuts, plus they're cheaper than a lot of other places. Walmart's JMS jeans work too, but I think the Old Navy ones look better.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i hear your pain. even when i was thin enough to wear a bikini, i couldn't buy a pair of long boots, because i just can't fit them around my stupid fat calves.... thighs are only slightly better. i always have issues buying pants to fit my thighs, and then being too big around the waist.
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    I amwith all of you. I even did weight training in college and at the end of the course we had a competition for strongest legs, I won that easy. I have almost always had the "gap" because my body is shaped like and hourglass whether I weigh 160 or 220. I shop at Kohl's a lot and have found that APT 9 for jeans has much more curve to it and the CHAPS dress pants are great.
  • I have huuuge thighs and a huge bum, so finding pants that fit just right is very difficult. I have a pretty small waist considering I am overweight. It is totally not proportionate to my body. I have found that squats and lunges are very good exercises for the thighs (and butt!), but the results aren't too shocking right now.
  • mfp1daves
    Options
    Hey... one more thing...
    I workout at work and supplement with on-demand cable.
    My wife (workout partner) started ZUMBA about a month now and is doing v. well....
    My trainer always suggests to "mix it up" --- P90X, Crunch, Yoga...
    For Ex...I played tennis w/ a wall yesterday - Today I'm feeling body parts I forgot I had!!!

Because WELLNESS (fitness + good nutrition) is a way of life...be patient and the results will be lasting...
    It's such a credit to us all to be in this community...
    I wish you continued success
    Dave