Diaries and Unnecessary Comments - Rant

Options

Replies

• Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm Catholic and it takes about 2 weeks into it to 'remember' that it's Lent. I forget ALOT not to eat meat.
    You could be like 'Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I forgot and my life is over! I feel horrible now. I'm going to eat a cake." back to that person. What a pushy thing to do to you! Sorry!
  • toberlili
    toberlili Posts: 78
    Options
    Those crazy Catholics are at it again.

I am catholic, but I wouldn't do that. so all of those "catholics" arent crazy!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder... I'm gonna eat soooooooo much meat today, lol. :devil:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    thats terrible!!!!! i wud be angry too lol, im a non-practising christian and also dont follow lent rules lol :) ignore the dissers and continue with ur lifestyle change the way u wana :)

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters that you should report that user.
  • lalahawley
    lalahawley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's all I can think is WOW!! You are supposed to support and encourage each other here...not be someone's mom! I would like to be your friend...that way when I see your diary...I can think "HEY--that's good!!" I always think mine must be horrible compared to some! :tongue:
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hi,

First off, I don't blame you for closing your food diary. I'm Catholic and choose to abstain from meat on Friday's during lent but that in no way gives me or anyone else the right to push my beliefs on you or anyone else. That is just ignorant and rude and I'm sorry you had to go through that.
  • MzStephanieO
    Options
    I am sorry you had to experience that, it was very rude. People hide behind words all the time. I think its great that you are being honest and sharing you diary. I don't have the balls for it yet, but I tell you...if I ever and one mikki fikki person slams me for a bad day or in your case good day. I'll share a thing or two with them. This site is supposed to be supportive, not some type of bootcamp training. if the person wanted to be a trainer or weightloss coach then go find some paying customers. and obviously you want be good at it soooooo... keep your day job if you have one.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    wanna know what I'm having for dinner tonight?

asparagus, a WHITE potatoe (and the skin thankyouverymuch), and 6 oz of steak tips.

lip smackin good!
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options
    I don't want you to think this is any representation on catholics! i'm so sorry someone did this to you and on behalf of all the sane catholics out there, eat me and be healthy! :D

i would also block the hell outta that person. i wish there was a way of reporting to mods or admins. they should be tracking this as someone may not attack one person more than once but 50 different people in one day. :( but no one knows because it's not tracked.

so sorry you experienced this :*(

you said "eat me" instead of eat meat lol:laugh: yes I have the sense of humor of a 12 yr old boy

DYING over here LMAO :laugh: Love this thread.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I don't want you to think this is any representation on catholics! i'm so sorry someone did this to you and on behalf of all the sane catholics out there, eat me and be healthy! :D

i would also block the hell outta that person. i wish there was a way of reporting to mods or admins. they should be tracking this as someone may not attack one person more than once but 50 different people in one day. :( but no one knows because it's not tracked.

you said "eat me" instead of eat meat lol:laugh: yes I have the sense of humor of a 12 yr old boy

LOL!!! i totally caught and fixed it hoping no one else saw. trust me i snorted over that one. i was like ooooh wow thats filthy HAHA
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Mean and stupid people will always find a way to be mean and stupid.

Chthulhu doesn't care what you eat,,, nor does the Flying Spaghetti Monster. The Buddha was not particularly concerned with what you ate, but he thought you should be very mindful of what it's like to eat it. Muslims don't eat pork, but many of them eat a lot of couscous,,, and couscous rocks. Jews don't eat pork either, but they invented Manischevitz and that makes up for it. I was raised baptist and we ate lots of fried chicken, especially on Sunday, and we made lots extra if the pastor was coming over. Those guys can sure eat!

I'm now a Unitarian, and we recognise our Judeo Christian heritage, as well as other traditions, and we seek lasting values and new insights (into what to eat, among other things). Hehehe,,, pass the A-1. :-)
  • kdao
    kdao Posts: 265
    Options

LOL!!! i totally caught and fixed it hoping no one else saw. trust me i snorted over that one. i was like ooooh wow thats filthy HAHA

"eat me and be healthy" this HAS to be a new quote on your profile!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat, (and I'm not Catholic) but it would be worth it to put it in my food diary to see if someone would comment. I dare them.

I am very sorry you had to deal with this. This is exactly what puts people off about organized religion in general, ZEALOTS.
    Oh, yeah, I said it. Obviously, most peeps are not like this. Thankfully.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bad form, but not unexpected. Some people just can't seem to figure out that the rest of the world has the right to think, believe, and eat the way they want to as long as it doesn't hurt anyone (okay, PETA and vegans - go ahead and flame on). Especially, sorry to say, religious people. Those who are supposed to be the most loving are frequently the most intolerant. In other words, they love you as long as you do, say, act and believe exactly like they do.

Rant accepted!
  • megteg
    megteg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Don't let one bad apple ruin your MFP life :) There will always be a few nuts out there. Crazy uber Catholics... I was raised catholic too (my uncle is actually a priest!) but even HE wouldn't do something like that! Plus, I'm pretty sure that if there is a God out there, He/She probably doesn't care whether or not somebody is eating meat on fridays. He/She has more important things to worry about, like the UNIVERSE?!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

"eat me and be healthy" this HAS to be a new quote on your profile!

This keeps my giggling as I read through the posts hahaha

You guys are all awesome :) hahaha
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I started reading your post and I thought, "oh please don't let it be me..." as I like to read through people's blogs and comment and sometimes it may not be what they want to hear. I then read the true crime and had to continue reading the rest of the thread hoping the same person would make the mistake of "defending" themselves.

Not like this is anything new from the previous posters, but I'm sorry that the person was so naive to believe that everyone else believes as they do.
  • Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    They are just jealous. I know I am....lol. I hope this does not ruin your MFP support experience!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    I recently closed my diary completely because I went on a little food binge for a few days and someone actually had the nerve to message me and say I was never going to lose weight and I was being a negative role model to everyone on my friends list................ I would also like to mention that this week I lost over 4 lbs.

I feel like MFP is full of supportive people and 90% of the time is such a great place, but there sure are a lot of know-it-alls around here and people who think they're better than others. And that's just sad.
This discussion has been closed.