Hearty Chicken Soup - Slow Cooker recipe

anemoneflynn
anemoneflynn Posts: 87
edited September 24 in Recipes
My husbands homemade soup was the only thing that saved me yesterday - I was on track to go waaaaay over, with only 100 cals left for dinner! But I only ended up about 150 over because his soup is only 65 cals / cup. Yay!

2 chicken thighs, frozen with skin & bone
6 medium carrots
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup brown rice
1 cup sliced mushrooms
various spices to taste, oregano or basil work really well

Throw it all plus enough water to fill into a 5 quart crock pot for 6-8 hours, debone the chicken & throw the skins away, then salt & pepper your bowl to taste. Delish!

This recipe is a bit vague because my husband and I don't always track the spices and things we throw in, but the veggies and chicken give it an amazing flavor when they're cooked for so long.

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    sounds yummy :) BUMP
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    I'm going to give this a try, thanks for sharing :o)
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Did you put this into the recipe maker on here to check the calories and details??
  • I put it in the recipe maker, yes, and I submitted it to the database - unfortunately it looks like they don't have that recipe database set up to search yet, just to submit. So I posted it here for people to see.

Chicken soup is a pretty simple, common dish for us to make, but I don't know if that's true for everyone, so I thought I'd share. :-)
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    mmmmmmm
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    yummy, good to know, im pretty bad when it comes to cooking so all these recipes are wonderful :)
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Was that cooked rice? or uncooked?
  • 1 cup dry uncooked rice, it cooked with the soup.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    bump
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Slow cooker recipes rockk....thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.