Newbie!!!!!

Options
Hello all,
i am new to this site, i am what you call a yo-yo dieter and have been for many years, you name it i have tired it, Was shocked when i was told by my doctor that i need to lose about 50 lbs, at 1st it was are you joking then came the tears.
Have to be honest that this is the first time that i feel happy to be on a diet and doing exercises.

any advise and tips would be very helpful.

Replies

• LazyMogg
    LazyMogg Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi queen and don't worry as I expect most of us have been down that road - I know I have!

Just stick with it and you'll do just fine. If you have a phone you can download the app and that'll make it easy for you to keep track during the day.

Just remember you're among friends here. xxx
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Queen, I am new here too! I just signed up in February, but I haven't done anything until this last Tuesday. I too have always been a yo-yo dieter and know how frustrating it is to be consistent. I have had one stint with success for about a year and then my parents fell ill and passed away.....emotional eating has always been my area of weakness!

I have had gestational diabetes with both of my pregnancy, but the second one I had to take insulin to manage through. I know that my risks are higher for contracting the adult onset diabetes because of that alone, but the fact, that juvenile diabetes was my mother's challenge in life holds even more weight for me to make a change! I recently, realized that my health would soon be in jeopardy and that I needed to turn the tide!

I am so grateful for this website! I am seeing results every day in so many ways.....my mood, my outlook on life, the way I physically feel when I wake up, the bloating is subsiding and even 2 pounds are gone from 3 days of diligence! I love how easy this site makes it to track everything you eat, drink and do! Not to mention the wonderful support system in this community that is available to us!

The fact that it is free to join and use is absolutely remarkable to me and makes me want to tell everyone I know about it! I discovered this website through my phone app store. I was searching for a tool to help me while I was out and about because I am always on the move and eating out. I am amazed at how easy this app and website has made my life......I have gone the route of writing every thing down by hand and researching all the labels before and it is tedious! This site has taken out all of that hassle! I can use anything I have on my shelves without spending a boat load of money to get on track!

I am glad that you found this site, I know it will be a great tool for you in your journey! As Slinxy said there a lot of us here responding to the urgency of our health! Welcome aboard and keep us posted on you and your progress!

♥Ruth♥
  • crazy4eachother
    Options
    I've definitely been down that road... this time I'm forgetting the "diets" and changing my life :)