First month here and first goal met!

Options
Hello!

Thought I'd finally introduce myself on the board - I've found it so inspirational to read your stories and see your progress pictures! I joined on Feb. 5 with a starting weight of 238 (I'm 5'8") - my highest weight of all time, which has hovered around 240 for at least a year! Ugh. I gained at least 30 of those pounds over the past 3 years while I was in a relationship which recently ended. This breakup has really motivated me to take my life back for ME and I feel like this is the happiest I've been in a long time! My first goal was to hit 230 by St Patty's Day - March 17 and I met that yesterday! My next mini goal is to reach 220 for Easter - April 24! I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday, thanks to so many of you inspiring people who've done it. I didn't use weights the first time around to just get the feel of it, and I really enjoyed it (although I don't know if my downstairs neighbors did!) I've always been very active, so getting back into a tougher exercise routine has been great and so rewarding. This has been the best non-diet I've ever been on and am looking forward to incorporating it into my life from here on! I'd love to make more friends on here, so please add me if you'd like. My blog is also much more complete with my story if you're interested in checking it out.

Thanks to you all for your stories and hard work!!

Replies

• ebigwood
    ebigwood Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your goal!! I need to really set goals gor myself. I think that would be helpful! Keep working hard and believe!
  • crazy4eachother
    Options
    Congrats!!! Reaching those mini goals are great... lets you know you're getting closer!!