for those that have done ripped in 30...

Options
Can any of you actually do the 'hollow man' ab move in the 1st circuit? I have no trouble with any of the ab work except this one. I can't even get my feet off the ground! Am I the only one with weak abs, or are others having trouble too?

Replies

• Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    is that the one where you put your hands by your bum and light up and then go in tabletop and then back.. if so, i dont think the goal is to lift your feet off of the ground! you kinda sit there on your heels and lift your body up and hold it there but you dont act take your feet off of the ground your butt shouldnt be touching the ground the whole time tho
  • vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey! I am had the same problem on that level...this is the only move that gave me trouble. it really hurt my back.. I just substituted it with another ab move!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to ask this! I always suck at holding my legs up like that.. I don't understand how to keep them there and I always get so frustrated when trying to do this move! Like you, I don't have any trouble with the other ab moves either... maybe someone else will have tips!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i've been doing it for 3 days now... the first two days i had 2 do the modified version (where i kept my head on the ground)... but last night i tried it & though it was tough, i was able to do it!! that encouraged me to try the unmodified version of other exercises too!! don't give up! u can do it :-)
  • vballer21
    vballer21 Posts: 37
    Options
    is that the one where you put your hands by your bum and light up and then go in tabletop and then back.. if so, i dont think the goal is to lift your feet off of the ground! you kinda sit there on your heels and lift your body up and hold it there but you dont act take your feet off of the ground your butt shouldnt be touching the ground the whole time tho

I think she's referring to level one where she says "and give it to God" lol where you're lying completely flat with shoulders and head off the ground, and legs straight and lifted off the ground, with arms straight by your side and palms upward. It's very difficult!
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

No, it is a move where you lay on the ground with your hands facing up by your sides.Then you lift your shoulders and feet off the ground at the same time and just hold it there for 30 seconds. It is called 'hollow man' because you are hollwing your body in a scoop like position.
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i've been doing it for 3 days now... the first two days i had 2 do the modified version (where i kept my head on the ground)... but last night i tried it & though it was tough, i was able to do it!! that encouraged me to try the unmodified version of other exercises too!! don't give up! u can do it :-)

I've been doing a modified version of this. I can lift my shoulders off the ground no problem but I can't even get my feet up with my shoulders back! So i kind of just lift my shoulders and once in awhile attempt to lift my feet. It's not the right way but it hurts in my abs so it must be working something. LOl