I hate pictures!

Options
So, since I had my first child in November of 2009.. I have absolutely avoided cameras at all costs! I never thought I would hate a picture that made me look good... Before I had my little girl, I took a few pictures as a V-day gift for my hubby.. during the shoot the photographer asked if he could use a couple of my pics for advertising.. no problem, what the hey, made me feel great.. So low and behold my face and body were used to advertise in a lingerie store and also his studio, next thing I know... I have a great picture hanging in the gym I trained at (It's a Rosie the Revitter Remake).. right in the locker room, first thing you see when you walk in.. THEN it was an awesome feeling.. NOW I HATE IT!

I am still a trainer at the same gym and although I am back down to my pre-pregnancy weight, I obviously still have some loose area's that need tending to... with that being said, as I was walking out of the locker room one day and I overheard a young girl about my age (25 or 26) asking someone who the girl in the picture was.. "It's her.." and I'm sure there was a finger pointing in my direction.. this is what I heard next, "Wow! What happened? Did she have a cow?" Now I understand women, or girls rather, can be mean and hateful but just because I'm a trainer doesn't mean I don't need a little encouragement every once in a while! I actually walked away thinking.. Why am I still training? I don't look the part! (My eyes are swelling with tears now...)

I know I will look better eventually, I'm committed and determined. Although, those comments hurt me in a tremendous way.. I am going to be THE BEST TRAINER I CAN BE and look the part the best I can!!! The reason I told my story is to strongly encourage others to give someone support even those who work in the gym! If you think about it, the pressure and stress to look better than everyone else is higher just because of the profession.. You never know who needs support and what the circumstances may be.. words can make or break someone! MAKE someone's day today!

Replies

• Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    Yikes.
    It always makes me sad to hear stories of women treating each other like that. We should support one another!
    I'm sorry that happened to you.
    You've encouraged me today with your story. I take comfort in knowing that we're all in the same boat here.
    Together we can really make a difference in each others lives.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. People can be so mean can't they? Often times intentionally too.

I'm sure you are a very good trainer. The fact that you now have a little bit of work to do because of your pregnancy can actually help you to empathize even more so with the ones you train! And I'm sure they probably appreciate you even more at this point then they did before.

You will be able to firm yourself up in no time. Do not allow the silly remarks of others to bring you low. Focus on the fact that you are now at your pre pregnancy weight and go from there! That's already an accomplishment.
  • leigh8210
    leigh8210 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OH MY WORD!! I cannot believe someone would be that hateful to you!! Wessie!! You are an awesome and amazing person and one of my BEST FRIENDS!! You are gorgeous and you look AMAZING!!! You dont let anyone at the gym upset you.. I got your back!! We will be back in that place next week!! SCOUTS HONOR!! I miss you tons and I love you tons!! That makes me sooo mad!!! Love you Wessie!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    How awful that those women/girls were being so catty! I'm impressed that you're back @ pre-PG weight. My oldest is almost 8, and I haven't got there yet (I had another one and a lot of stress since then).

What I want to suggest is that if you hate seeing the picture, could you ask your gym to take it down? If you work there, I can't imagine they'd object. Also, I would guess that the only person who thinks you look worse now than before you were pregnant is you. You might look different, but if you're back @ pre-PG weight, then your shape has probably just changed, but not necessarily for the worse. EVERYONE looks better in professional photos than they do IRL, IMO, so please don't let a few petty remarks make you feel badly about yourself, especially considering what you've accomplished!
  • Heidi716
    Heidi716 Posts: 135
    Options
    I know that I would rather have a trainer that knows where I'm coming from. Someone who's been there, and hey WTF you just had a baby! What's my excuse! :laugh: I'm glad you are there doing what you do, inspiring people to be healthier, fitter, better versions of themselves. You are making the world a better place and the B in the locker room can suck it! :bigsmile:
  • tracybarnhill
    Options
    I would have replied back to her, that the picture was taken prior to the wonderful child that you brought into this world, and that you didn't appreciate the comment. You have to stick up for yourself, and realize that people are cruel. I look at the trainers in my gym, with beer guts and not even close to healthy by no means.. I have a friend that is trying to get her weight down and paid a trainer at my gym $200/month to help her get her weight down before she got married, and the guy is showing her some weight stuff, but no meal plan and no cardio???? I can train her for free and see more results that he can ever get...So keep your head up and stick up for yourself....I would have... ANyone can pick apart someone they don't know, but its just because she is inscure in her own skin that she does it.... Good luck and Congrats on getting back to pre-baby weight! The is an accomplishment in its own right!!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I know that I would rather have a trainer that knows where I'm coming from. Someone who's been there, and hey WTF you just had a baby! What's my excuse! :laugh: I'm glad you are there doing what you do, inspiring people to be healthier, fitter, better versions of themselves. You are making the world a better place and the B in the locker room can suck it! :bigsmile:

Exactly!! I would rather deal with a trainer who has been there and come back from rather than one who has never had deal with extra weight. (Jillian Michaels has gone through it). You just keep doing what your doing. I would've told her "No I didn't have a cow I had a wonderful child."
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Haters Are Tarnished Souls That Just Need A Lil Spit And Shine!
    ~almondbliss~
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    shut theeeee ??? up! I can't believe someone had the nerve to be so rude! I guess I shouldn't be so suprised since I do live in this town and know what jerks alot of people can be!!! With that being said... I want you so bad now to show those girls whose boss! Push yourself even harder now and even if its a few years from now I want you to re-take those sexy pictures and post new... hotter pics than the ones before! I'm sure that'll shut them up RRRREEEAAAALLLLL quick!!!!! And who knows... by then they may have become moms and will be asking you for help.... (you can pay them back by ordering them to do 5000 extra situps and pushups in their training session)! Good luck, stick with it, and again thanks for encouraging me! We can do this!!!!!!!!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    OMG, I can't believe she said that. I bet afterwards you had a hundred replies for her but at the moment, you must have been so stunnend and upset. Try to ignore it, block it, it's just a stupid *****y comment. Be proud of the photos, be proud of yourself, be proud of your child. You'll be fine.