#of servings

Options
nadiakim
nadiakim Posts: 21 Member
I am sure someone has asked this, but I am curious. I have made a few dishes, but have no idea what to put for the number of servings. So I have just measured it out sort of to say 1 cup is a serving and then just added about how many cups I can make out of the dish to configure # of servings. How do you all do it? Especially when i am not using a recipe its my own concoction so I dont know.

Replies

• tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What I do is just make whatever it is, them seperate it into equal portions. Ex. there are 5 people in my house, so whatever I make that is my own, I split it into 5 portion, measure that, and log that way. OR, if its something like Pasta, you would just serve it as you would a normal serving, ie, one cup of spahetti, 1/4 cup sauce, 1oz hamburger.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    There is a place to add your own recipes. I make a HUGE vat o' turkey chili a couple times a year. I log EVERYTHING I put into it into the recipe and divide by how many people it feeds (I use 1 cup as one serving). So if there is one can of beans and there are 4 servings in a can the calculator knows to divide it up. That way you can use your own concoctions and still log them correctly :D
  • nadiakim
    nadiakim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies. So glad to know I am not doing it wrong by measuring and making my own servings based on how I split it. : )