I regret...

Options

Replies

• oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i hated that Tony Littles Gizelle that my fiance got for me... i used it twice and tossed it
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG the ab roller is no joke, a friend had one and IF you can use it (because you already have to have some kinda muscle to use it) I bet it would work LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    the resistance bands from walmart... they broke and didnt give much resistance at all...

bought some from academy and its a world of difference
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Don't really like the Wii Fit I mean the games are okay just doesn't burn enough calories could be doing something high impact instead.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I regret buying steel cut oats in the can - it takes too long to make. I much prefer the 5 minute version in the box that I was lucky enough to find :)
  • kbray003
    kbray003 Posts: 52
    Options
    I regret buying the 'Iron Gym' pull-up bar. I purchased it via phone while watching an infomercial on tv. It cost $70 with all the extra crap I ordered plus shipping and handling (they are now on sale in stores for $30 or less, wtf?).
    I put it together, hooked it onto my door, and couldn't even pull myself off the ground.

It now resides in my closet where I stare at it some days hoping that I will gain the upper body strength to be able to use it in the future.

I bought this and I use it for p90x... although you are right about the price. I bought it in walmart for $30.00. If you do chair assisted chin ups you will eventually work yourself up to doing them on your own... if you work at it.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I regret buying

stepper
    3 different shaped fitness balls
    mini trampoline
    resistance bands
    exercise bike
    mini dumbells
    countless fitness dvds
    there wil be more that I have forgotten about !
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I regret buying the 'Iron Gym' pull-up bar. I purchased it via phone while watching an infomercial on tv. It cost $70 with all the extra crap I ordered plus shipping and handling (they are now on sale in stores for $30 or less, wtf?).
    I put it together, hooked it onto my door, and couldn't even pull myself off the ground.

It now resides in my closet where I stare at it some days hoping that I will gain the upper body strength to be able to use it in the future.

This is my regret too! I also ordered it from an infomercial - then we got it in the mail and I was so excited! Then I started looking around and the only doorways in my house that have a 'frame' are the front and back door. So I can use it in the open front door for the world to see and laugh - or use it in the back door where the dog is going to think its some fun new game for him....
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another one...

I had this awful thing called the Torso Track!!!

I couldn't' even give it away!!!
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options
    We have bought so many kitchen gadgets. Rice cooker, Fry Daddy, Ronco Rotisserrie, George Forman Grill, etc., that we built a pantry just for kitchen gadgets when we remodeled. They rarely come out of the pantry. I can prepare almost anything with a Spatula, Tongs, Cleaver, Cast Iron skillet, satuee pan or casserole dish.

I HAD to have the George Foreman Grill... I think I've used it 5 times in 3+ years.

Also, never use the Big City Slider Station I ordered.

Yeah I'm a sucker :blushing:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great thread! i totally regret buying the pu$$ycat dolls workout DVD's. :laugh: had to edit that word a lot cuz it kept being removed from my post lol)

fun if u wanna learn to dance for ur man but not a workout by any means.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options
    I'm still waiting for some one to say the shake weight, ab roller contraption, the ab belt (electro-stimulation), water weights, etc.

The shake weight is just vulgar to me... I'd be embarrassed to check out!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I regret buying my stepper (never used), jump rope (still too fat to use it), several pairs of cheap sneakers, and all of my pilates stuff ( I never do it). My cousin has the Giselle, and if I had bought that, I would really regret that purchase!

Great Post!
  • thomasvision
    thomasvision Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago I purchased the Ab dolly and about 10 years ago I bought that electric ab belt.

DON"T LOOK AT ME I'M TOO ASHAMED :cry: :sad: :sad:
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Don't really like the Wii Fit I mean the games are okay just doesn't burn enough calories could be doing something high impact instead.

i kind of agree with you on that one. I got the wii fit plus because there was more games and more choices. For me high impact all puffed out is what I really want. But I do have to stick up for the wii fit/fit plus and say the yoga really tones you up.

I hate exercise bikes as they make me feel really frustrated and I don't get anywhere and theres no scenery or fresh air - boring. The stepper makes my knees ache; rather walk a distance and enjoy it. I think thats why I would never join a gym; it would be a waste of money for me.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Do you have a step ladder?
  • jlcghs27408
    jlcghs27408 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Buying a balance ball & medicine ball. When did I think I was going to have time to use these things? I workout at a gym 6 days a week, and if I work out in the evening I do a workout dvd like 30 Day Shred or Tae Bo.

Absolutely do NOT regret buying hand weights, TWO yoga mats (one for a friend to tag along without having to buy their own), and new sneakers. Use them all every day!
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I bought the EA sports avtive 2 but I love it I did how ever purchase a total gym i also like it but do not use it because of the room it takes when you set it up. it would never cross my mind to purchase a shake weight.
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    the six week body make over set just have no intrest in it at all it to boring but

but love my shoes the membership at curves
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Do you have a step ladder?

Yes, I do. Maybe I should take you and the other person's advice about doing the assisted pull-ups with a ladder or chair. Thanks, guys :heart: