I can finally call myself a "runner." YAY!

Options
2»

Replies

• Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So happy you shared! Congratulations...I am in the same boat as you as I am a new runner and can run about the same time as you. I also signed up for my first 5k in May and am super motivated and excited about that. Are you planning on any races?

I ran my very first 5K in October 2010 and I've been doing one or two a month since then. Once you do one you realize how easy it can be. I'm training for a 10K in April now!
  • loosinit4
    Options
    Great job! I say - If you run - you're a runner! So good for you!
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i called myself a runner the first day i went out there and ran for the sake of running. i didnt get very far, nor was i quick, but i was still a runner.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    conratulations!!! I know how you feel. I started running in January and couldnt run for more than 1 min at a time and I ran for 50 mins at running club this morning and it was an easy steady pace enjoyable run. I felt great after it and had the same thought as you - Now I can call myself a runner! Love the feeling and I love running - I cant wait for the next days run. Im training to run a marathon but have the usual 5km, 10km half maras as my milestones on the way!
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    awesome job, I'm up to running 5 minutes at a time. But if I do 3 run 1 walk 3 run 1 walk,3 run etc... I can go for longer that way.

gives me hope!!!
    :smile:
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    awesome job, I'm up to running 5 minutes at a time. But if I do 3 run 1 walk 3 run 1 walk,3 run etc... I can go for longer that way.

gives me hope!!!
    :smile:

Thats how I did it with the C25K, but Ive got to 50 mins by week 8 and I love it- keep going and you will get there:happy:
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment!
  • nakami
    nakami Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Great job :)