Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Drinking and eating calories

casey34472
casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
Is it the same to eat 1200 calories or drink 1200 calories in a day? Anyone have a web site that talks about this?:drinker:

Replies

• casey34472
    Is it the same to eat 1200 calories or drink 1200 calories in a day? Anyone have a web site that talks about this?:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I dont have a website... but its the same in some ways. 1200 calories is 1200 calories no matter where it comes from. BUT you're not going to feel as full by drinking calories and, depending on what you're drinking, you'll likely going to be missing out on lots of nutrients.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    You're not saying drinking what--but I second what's been said. Unless you're drinking some kind of miracle liquid, you're not going to be getting the nutrients that your body needs to survive.
  • casey34472
    I was wounding if you drank 1200 calories would it have the same effect as eating 1200 calories. Drinking as in alcohol.:indifferent:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    alcohol calories can not be used as fuel in the body. The body is unable to break down alcohol and use it for any type of energy. Any alcohol calories that are taken in are store. Hope that helps answer the question! :smile:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    *are stored (is what that should have said)
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Hmmm, --do you really have to ask that? Seems fairly obvious to me. I'm sorry to sound mean but that does seem very obvious.

Alcohol is empty calories--it has absolute no nutrition that your body needs and does horrible terrible things to your metabolism. So you'd be consuming 1200 calories and giving your body nothing good along with the calories at all. And, in the process, you'd be slowing down your metabolism, doing bad things to your liver and kidneys, and frying part of your brain cells.
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    :wink: If you are drinking a low card high protein drink then that is good but if you are tryhing to substitue maybe fruits with a juice then that is not very good at all due to the high carb and sugar content. Remember it isn't just the calorie count but the carbs and sugar that will count against your weight loss, especially carbs from white sugar, white bread ets..

The only good juice I have found is V8 Fusion Diet that is one full serving of vegetables and fruit, plus it tastes wonderful!!!:smooched:
This discussion has been closed.