Flat Belly after baby and stetch marks????

Options
Ok, so I have to ask just because I'm curious and want to know. I was thin before having my son which was 11 years ago. I gained weight and never lost it after that; because I was so dumb to believe I'd just shrink right back to where I was!!! HA!!! What a joke.
So, I did get the stretch marks and of course my tummy isn't flat because I'm not at my goal weight. Can anyone who has gotten a flat belly after a baby with stretch marks weigh in on this. Or is this not possible because of the stretched out loose skin? Plus I wonder if the stretch marks would some how look less noticeable because of tightening up?

Replies

• CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm really hoping you get some positive answers to this! I too was slim and toned before having my babies. I don't have stretch marks but am working hard to get rid of the flabby belly. Is it all in vain?!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    After my first baby, my belly got pretty much right back to normal (flat). I had stretchmarks but they faded over time to more silvery than red. I got pregnant again though right after he turned a year old. My daughter is now 14 months old and it's been harder to lose this time around. However, I haven't REALLY been trying until recently. I'm pretty sure I can get back to where I was because I did it a few months ago but let myself go again.
  • Franticantics
    Options
    My mums 52, has had 2 kids....and has a six pack, full on abs...it's ridiculous!
    She got her body back after pregnancy very quickly, but she didn't put on a lot of weight during pregnancy either so i don't know. And I know that after she had me she wen back t work after about 3 weeks part time teaching her aerobics clsses, and then a month or so later full on with aerobics, dancing and pilates, so she was extremely physical.
    I don't know how she did it. If i look anything like as good as my mum does when i'm in my 50's...well then, i'll have something to be bloody proud of!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I would love to know the secret as well. I'm afraid that genetics probably plays a big role in that. After my 3rd child, I got down to 118 (I'm 5'5") and a size 2. I still felt very concious of my saggy belly. However, I wasn't toning then like I am now. After my 4th child, I got down to 128 and a size 4 but, after his first birthday, I gained 15 lbs back. Since I've started exercising, I have started seeing definition in my upper abs, but my stretch marked lower belly still looks 6 months pregnant.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Slowly and surely you can get right back to that flat belly. Your skin is very elastic and with time your stretch marks will fade but not necessarily go away. When I had my daughter (16 months ago).. I had a C-section so I have a scar rather than stretch marks but it too is fading and when I tan it's almost gone, I never thought I would have a flat stomach.. little by little I am able to tell my stomach is getting firmer and flatter, but if I look back from right after the baby to now.. WOW it's a huge difference! I still have a lot of room for improvement but I know I'm making a difference by sticking with it! Stay with it and you WILL get there!
  • emrogers
    emrogers Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all the responses!! Thanks for posting.
    @CharlieJuliette, I don't think its in vain. I mean, for me its a self concious thing, as I would say for most women. I think we'd all love to feel good in a bikini or what not. I worked for plastic surgeons for a while and they ALL claimed that only surger would get you back to having a toned and tight tummy. I'm not sure about that and because I've seen the pain that they were in after a tummy tuck, I'm not that brave!!!! I'm not so worried about the stretch marks being 100% gone, because that I know won't ever go away as I am having a tight tummy. So thanks to all who have responded and lets see if someone has some pics to show us!!!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i've heard it is MUCH harder because the skin is stretched out in your mid-section & genetics plays a big role, but muscle tone is important, so focus on those abs & obliques! :o)
  • l0lly77
    l0lly77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been pregnant 7 times, have 3 living children - 2 of which were sections for medical reasons - So, I don't think I'll EVER go back to what I was post kiddies :ohwell: My older son is 10, 2nd is 4 and our daughter is nearly 15 weeks old.

Would love to have a flat belly again, as for the stretch marks, I think they are here to stay.

Keep up the good work ladies xxx
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would so like to get rid of my baby belly. I had three kids in three years. They are now 10, 9 and 8... so I didn't give my body much time for anything hehe. I now for me, my belly and my thighs are the things that I would like to look better.

Sometimes, when I look down, I just want to cut it all off! But I am losing in my waist so I am happy with that. I often wonder if some of the woman you see on the workout videos have had some sort of tummy tuck done. I see the scar that my gf has from her tummy tuck and I think that I would rather just work out and work it off and hope that it is possible!
  • SharonaClarisse
    Options
    I was wondering about the same thing. I have a 10 month old and my skin is so saggy and loose! i got horrible stretch marks. I really want my flat tummy back!