help!

Options
PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
I need ideas for really healthy calorie-dense foods that are non dairy, not avocado and no splenda, egg beaters or other unnatural foods.

THANKS!!!

Replies

• PedalHound
    Options
    I need ideas for really healthy calorie-dense foods that are non dairy, not avocado and no splenda, egg beaters or other unnatural foods.

THANKS!!!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nuts of any kind, Hummus? Maybe you would think that is unnatural. It's chickpeas. Peanut butter.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Coconut--fresh coconut!

I bought one today for a change-up and was then shocked by two things:

1) how little calories the coconut water has: 1/2 cup only has 23 calories with no fat

2) how many calories the coconut meat has! 40 grams (approx. 1.5 ounces) has 142 calories! YIKES!
  • Kimlane70
    Kimlane70 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey there, here are a few suggestions. And don't forget about mushrooms if you like them. KIM

Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip

Beans: A great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your weight and your blood sugar.
    Blueberries: The best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature.
    Broccoli: The best food on the planet to prevent cancer.
    Oats: A sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol.
    Oranges: The most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer.
    Pumpkin: Loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent damage from sunlight.
    Wild salmon: A guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death.
    Soy: The only complete vegetarian source of protein.
    Spinach: The best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision.
    Tea -- green or black: The easiest and cheapest no-calorie way to avoid heart disease and cancer.
    Tomatoes: One of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products.
    Skinless turkey breast: The leanest meat source of protein on the planet.
    Walnuts: Consuming walnuts is an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
    Yogurt: A tasty, easy way to boost your immune system.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    thanks folks. I was left with a huge number of calories left over today and needed really calorie-dense ideas (foods with LOTS of calories) to try to get some of them in. Sadly I'm left with over 500 calories for the day and it's 10pm so not a good time to be eating. Ugh... will this be a huge issue?? I blame my fabulous big breakfast! lol
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Nuts of any kind, Hummus? Maybe you would think that is unnatural. It's chickpeas. Peanut butter.

Yes, hummus is my FAVOURITE. Good idea. I actually have a batch I made yesterday... should have thought of that earlier!! :smile: