belly fat

chrissysnow
chrissysnow Posts: 6
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
I excercise regular,3 to 4 times a week,I have no trouble in toning my arms,back and legs,its my mid section that I cannot get rid of,since I,ve hit a certain age its just not going away,I will gladly take any such advice,its almost to the point where I just want to give up.Help!!

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    The only way to do it is to continue what you are doing and burning the fat. Strength training will help immensely.
  • Myfit123
    Myfit123 Posts: 2
    Have you ever tried EatStopEat? I been using it for about 5 months and my belly fat is gone.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Belly fat is very stubborn, it sucks. My trainer told me it is the last place on women for fat to come off, right there with thighs. It likes to take it from other places first. Just keep doing cardio, and more cardio :) Along with strength training of course. It WILL come off! :)

Edit: By the way, don't give up! :smile:
  • Thank you for the advice,and I will not give up,what is eat stop eat?
  • Diet can play a large part in getting rid of that belly fat - and not just how much you eat but what you eat. Sugar is notorious for causing our body to store fat in the belly area. Eating white sugar and foods containing white sugar cause spikes in your insulin and that causes fat storage right there in that middle section. I had lost teh weight I wanted to lose but still had this pouch of fat at my belly, hanging over my jeans - yuck. Two weeks ago I stopped eating white sugar and anything containing white sugar as well as white flour and processed foods (as most processed foods contain at least one if not both). I also started taking cinnamon suppliments which help to regulate blood sugar. I have lost at least HALF of the chub around my belly in the past two weeks - I kid you not. My jeans fit the same every where except my waist. I no longer hang over my jeans and there is room to tuck in my shirt! It's not easy - SO many things have sugar in them so you have to be careful what you buy - but it WORKS.
  • Myfit123
    Myfit123 Posts: 2
    Do a search in this message board for Eat Stop Eat or Google it but basically what it is you do a 24 to 36 hours fasting once or twice a week, warning first four time is very difficult but the more you do it the easier it gets, there are several benefits when you do fasting not just loosing weight and of-course the belly fat.

You loose about .5lbs of body fat per week, notice I said body fat not body weight on that you loose about 1 to 2 lbs per week.

Try some of these:

Watch the video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/bradpilon

It won't kill you here is some proof
    1st Day of 40 Day Fast - (Water Only Fast - 1st of 3 Forty Day Fasts)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgNh9mGb2K4

Stop Eat by Brad Pilon
    www.eatstopeat.com
  • Thanks for the tips,I definatly will try them. :happy:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Abs are made in the kichen. Eat as clean as possible, drink lots of water to flush out any bloat as well as toxins, keep sodium in check as well as processed sugar. Aside from that just keep doing a combination of cardio and strength training and it will come off in time =]
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Abs are made in the kichen. Eat as clean as possible, drink lots of water to flush out any bloat as well as toxins, keep sodium in check as well as processed sugar. Aside from that just keep doing a combination of cardio and strength training and it will come off in time =]

Isn't that the truth! Quoted for emphasis. =)
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461

Isn't that the truth! Quoted for emphasis. =)

And I third this! Of course, I'm still a big girl and I am still carrying most of my weight in my mid-section, but these tips are working for me - 30lbs down and most of it has come from my tummy. I only want to add that plant fibers have been found to reduce belly fat - so eat lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies (but that's what eating clean is all about!).
This discussion has been closed.