What defines plateau?

Options
I have lost 16 pounds in about 6 weeks,:smile: but for the past 2 weigh-ins, I have maintained the same weight :grumble: , is it possible to plateau this soon and if so, what should I do to move off the plateau? I've been doing good staying at 1,200 calories or less

Replies

• dawnalis
    dawnalis Posts: 27
    Options
    up your protein intake and water and use a safe healthy detox supplement to help your liver flush out the excess toxins that a higher protein diet can cause! but only do this for about a week and then move back to your regular eating!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i'd say keep doing what you are & maybe switch up where the calories are coming from... like increase your fiber & protein & decrease your carbs & fat some :o) & make sure you're getting enough water!
  • emrd68105
    emrd68105 Posts: 16
    Options
    Plateau happens when your body gets used to a routine and you are no longer feeling the soreness you're used to. Try switching up the routine or climb to a different intensity. It will respong ;-) also look over your food intake. Is there anything that is of normal routine that could be removed for a week? See if that does it
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you might not be eating enough! try upping your calories a bit
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you might not be eating enough! try upping your calories a bit

I agree. Are you eating your exercise calories? Are you working out a lot? My guess is that your body may be going into a starvation mode. But make sure that the calories you are eating are good ones, not empty calories:)
  • toodleton
    toodleton Posts: 82
    Options
    No I never eat exercise calories when I do actually exercise
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat more than 1200, exercise alories are there if you are hungry, I sometime do sometimes don't eat them. I would say a plateau is a stalled weight for more than a month, I have had two. Someone once said you get them every 16lb or so, thats exactly what happened to me too.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    definitely eat more.

"1200 or less" is a big no-no.

You're trying to drive a car with no gas in the tank.
    Eat at LEAST 1200 a day PLUS exercise calories and it will start to fall off again.