Attention: Calling all raw vegans/fruitarians!

Options
I'm seriously embarking on the low fat raw vegan lifestyle, 80-10-10, nearing fruitarianism. I know you might be scarce on this diet but please contact me or reply to this post! I need all the help I can get :D

Replies

• BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mellymink
    mellymink Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not following 80-10-10 but have spent time 100% raw vegan. Currently not as raw as I'd like to be, but working on finding a balance while still being mostly raw. I hope someone else chimes in who has more to say about 80-10-10, I hear it works wonders for many! Kudos to you for delving into raw! :)
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i just read the 80/10/10 Diet! by Douglas Graham. well i read most of it, not the whole thing, i was in this raw cafe called Arnolds Way last weekend and there were tons of books on the raw diet for people to just browse through and read while sitting in the cafe. it's such an interesting book. and i will say, after the 3 course raw meal my friends and i felt SO good. mind, body, and spirit. i was almost convinced right then and there to turn raw. but for me, a lot of raw foods don't agree with my stomach, and i can't seem to get past the b12 issue. i know dr graham addresses it, i believe he stated that chlorella as well as certain organic, unwashed fruits and veggies are a good source of active b12. but for most people, it's not enough to prevent you from developing a deficiency eventually. so, most raw vegans need to take a b12 supplement, and that just doesn't seem right to me. i mean i did just that also, i was vegan for 5 or so years so i needed to take the supplement, but it never did seem right for me to be on a diet that didn't provide all of the vitamins i need. and a b12 deficiency is NOT something to be taken lightly either. that can seriously eff up your nervous system. so if you are really going to explore this way of eating, please make sure you're getting the adequate nutrients, especially b12, iron and vitamin d.

funny side note: the owner/chef of the raw cafe eats ONLY bananas. nothing else! he eats like 15 per day. he's kind of insane.
  • fitsherry
    fitsherry Posts: 86
    Options
    Here are a couple of websites that could give you more infomation and support on 80/10/10.

http://www.vegsource.com/talk/raw/index.html

http://www.30bananasaday.com/
  • BlissfulYoga
    BlissfulYoga Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bump