Someone! Anyone! HELP!

Options
I can't seem to stop myself going over my calories! :mad: It's always the soda that gets me! That stuff is like liquid :devil: !!! Oh my gosh!!! I can't stand plain water 80% of the time, I can't drink anything with aspartame or splenda...Help! I need a good thirst quencher low on calories! HELP!:sad:

Replies

• brandicockrum
    brandicockrum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to stop myself going over my calories! :mad: It's always the soda that gets me! That stuff is like liquid :devil: !!! Oh my gosh!!! I can't stand plain water 80% of the time, I can't drink anything with aspartame or splenda...Help! I need a good thirst quencher low on calories! HELP!:sad:
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i like crystal light! it comes in a lot of flavors and it's like 5 calories per serving!

i've also started drinking coke zero (no calories) to get my caffine fix!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Try a twist. Simply take water, agave nectar if you like it sweeter and a bit of fruit juice. If you like the fizzy of soda try seltzer water or club soda with some grape juice or other juice.

Agava nectar is my favorite sweetner. I can use it in anything I want and even bake with it.

Sparkling ciders are great also.

Good luck
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    When I'm sick of water (although that rarely happens - I love water) I try adding some lemon juice and maybe a splash of vanilla extract. Or lemon and a mint leaf. Pop will kill this for you... it's a tough but essential habit to break :ohwell:
  • pussycatsandtoast
    Options
    Girl, it can be done.

I used to drink cokes (I'm from texas, its all coke down here) like they were going out of style. But I realized how bad they were for me when I was in high school and I've been coke free (save for the occasional root beer or malibu & diet) for 6 years now.

AAAAAAND I drink water like a fish when I used to hate it. My body now CRAVES it.

You just gotta be strong hun.
  • Carol123
    Carol123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    crystal light is excellant, or the flavor water....good luck, i use to drink soda all the time, but i switch to crystal light...i like it better now
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    Here I am. A reformed "POP" drinker. I changed to instant ice tea and what a ccccccalorie difference. Not only that but I found that I have come to crave tea. For me that is a.. wow.. !! But the other part is that I have gotten to where I no longer like soda.. . If you are really addicted to carbonated drinks though you could try carbonated water and just add a small portion of what flavors of juices you like. :drinker: :drinker: Anyways the best of my wishes are with you and to your goals. :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

I used to drink 2-3 cans of regular coke a day but went cold turkey...It was hard but now I can't even imagine drinking the stuff
    I drink fuze slenderize and sobe lean (I think they are both free of artificial sweetners) check them out!

Kim
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    The only way I was able to drink water exclusively (which I do now) was to just do it. Even if I hated it, I drank at least 4 of the big jugs that they give you in the hospital of water. When I first started, I made sure it was ICE cold and put about a cup of fruit juice in it just to give it a little taste. I didn't like it at all, and always complained about it, but now if I don't drink at least 120 oz. of water a day, I feel sluggish and cranky. Just be prepared for the caffeine withdrawals if you've been drinking caffeinated soda all day. Those are tough. Now I only have one cup of coffee in the morning and drink water the rest of the day and I feel better than I ever have before. Good luck! I know you can do it!
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    Options
    Ice tea! It still has a bit of caffeine in it so you probably won't suffer from the withdraw headaches I usually get when I don't drink enough Diet Coke in a day. I prefer sun tea over instant, but that's just my personal preference. Good luck! You can do it! :wink:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I was an ex coke addict too (not the drugs lol but soda!)..................... I used to drink like 5 a day at least!

9mths and 10 days ago though I switched to diet soda, water, unsweetened tea. I also buy those little sugar free flavoring things you can add to your water....

It's hard.. but................. I would rather CHEW up my calories then drink them!!!

Good luck and stay strong!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    It is like other bad habits..you have to make up your mind to change it.

I use to drink coke all the time..and I was literally sick all the time also cause I was so dehydrated. Once I started drinking water, I started feeling better.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    WOW that's a tough one. I can't stand aspartame but I find splenda not too bad.

What about hot tea with a bit of honey? Iced tea is pretty good too. Fruit juice mixed with diet gingerale is great but then we are back to pop....
  • NancyOwens
    NancyOwens Posts: 27
    Options
    I like to add "Real Lemon" powder and no sweetener to my water bottle. I keep washed and 1/3 filled water bottles in the freezer. When I need one to go I just top it off with more water and a couple packets of "Real Lemon" powder. Cold thirst quencher anytime.

Nancy
  • Saluna
    Saluna Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Adding fresh lemon or I like strawberry and mango tea. If the tea is cold it taste good without sugar at all.
    Saluna :happy:
    75075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Both myself and one of my good friends who uses MFP both dropped soda. I rarely if ever drink it anymore.

If you get a craving for it... remember that a tooth left in soda overnight will dissolve. Do you really want to put that in your body?? lol
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    How about vitamin water. I heard it's good.

-Adrienne:heart:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Its good but vitamin water does have a surprisingly high amount of calories (120-200). Thats a small meal for me :grumble: I stick with the propel fitness waters... some of them have about 20 calories for a full bottle.

Another good option is kellogg protein water mix, its got like 5g of protein and 4g of fiber per bottle.

Other than that its water and green tea with the occasional beer, lol.
  • eHarris
    eHarris Posts: 160
    Options
    why can't you drink splenda? are you allergic?

If not ...I highly suggest you give Coke Zero a try. My husband lothes diet coke....and so do I...the aftertaste is disgusting!!! Coke Zero has all the fizzy caffinated flavor of regular coke and none of that crappy aftertaste. By the way...when my husband switched...(he's addicted too) he lost a grand total of 30 pounds!!!

:bigsmile:
  • RacerWife7
    Options
    Try True Lemon packets. http://www.truelemon.com/

I keep them with me ALL the time. There are NO calories and NO carbs. And you don't have to worry about carrying sticky, wet lemons around with you. I find I drink a LOT more water when I have my True Lemon than plain water alone. And I love the tart taste - it's just enough without being an overpowering pucker. I LOVE them! :drinker: