HRM Recommendations

Options
I am in the market to get a heart rate monitor to more accurately predict my calories burned. I have been doing some research and have also been reading the recent posts here regarding HRMs. I am hearing good and bad about them. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a good HRM. One that you feel most accurately predicts your calories burned. Do you feel that your purchase has been worth it? Thanks.

Replies

• jacksonde24
    jacksonde24 Posts: 103
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7, love it!!!!!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, I LOVE it.
  • sherrymo6
    sherrymo6 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thank you. That was one of the ones at the top of my list.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    :bump:
    im hoping to get one this wknd and looking for recommendations also
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT4 after doing some research (Amazon $70), and I couldn't be happier with my purchase over the last two months. It works great, and I am now getting more accurate calorie burns for all my exercises and activities - and I barely notice the chest strap. You'll definitely want one with a chest strap for better accuracy.

Definitely worth every dollar I paid.
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I did a bit of research before deciding on Polar FT7 I faced off Timex T5G971 and the Polar. I decided on the Polar due to friends recommendations that have & have been using one plus although the Timex has a lot of good reviews it also has some complaints of inaccurate cal count & durability issues. The Polar appears to have a lot of support for being comfortable, durable and accurate.

Cheers

PS - I don't actually have mine yet - it's on it way to me right now.
    Another PS - for a balanced view as per "Nigel99" - yes I've also seen quite a few posts from people with FT4 that are more than happy too.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    garmin forerunner 305 is awesome.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have the New Balance N2 with the chest strap and I love it!
  • sherrymo6
    sherrymo6 Posts: 79
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendations!