Stupid HRM Chest Strap Question

Options
I worked out with my new Polar F4 for the first time tonight and am baffled by the chest strap. Placement should be just below the breast plate, right? I am large chested and have a fairly substantial sports bra so below the lower band of my bra is well below my breasts. Will I get an accurate reading if I place it there? I placed the front of the chest strap under the band tonight, and it was not very comfortable. Would it work if I wore it backwards or on top of my sports bra? Yet another reason big boobs suck...

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I put in under the bra strap, like stack them. Helps keep it from moving too..
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly large breasted as well. I just kind of put it under the band of my bra. It's still close to the heart and can count your heart rate. I actually placed my hand there while exercising to see if I could feel my heart beating and I could.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake the first time I wore mine of placing above instead of below the girls and got a slightly lower calorie burn than what is now my norm. It does go underneath, wet the sensors well, make sure the strap is snug so it won't slip and your sports bra goes on top over that. This will give you the most accurate burn reading.
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    ^ --creepiest ticker ever. looks like a dead body forensic scene
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    ^--- wow, rude
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

sorry you don't appreciate it.. a lot of people do like it.. :flowerforyou:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options

You know I saw a thread that you posted earlier asking for advice. People are happier to give helpful advice to other people who are kind. (AKA- not rude) Take into consideration that you just said a nasty thing about someone who is dear to this community.....who was also being helpful.

I LOVE the ticker!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Rude much!

How about keeping your mouth shut if you can't say anything nice.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am just going to speak my mind, Thank you for the clarification about HRM'S because I am looking to go and buy one right now. As for the other garbage being said. "Don't judge lest you be judged accordingly." We are all good people here, we are all called to love on another faults and all. So lets all just be nice, and yes, if you can't say something nice, then you shouldn't say anything at all. love and hugZ:bigsmile:
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've got the same issue. I put the chest strap below the bra band and fiddle with the tightness until it's not too tight or chafing. I can feel it for the first five minutes and then I forget it's there. I'd say if you can't feel comfortable with it in 3 workouts, take it back and get a different model.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing it with a sports bra? I ask because I missed a laundry load one night and had no clean sports bra available. So I used an older bra that I had used to work out in before I had a sports bra and it was ridiculously uncomfortable to wear with the chest strap. Whereas when I wear it with a sports bra i don't even feel that the chest strap is there.
  • zaka123
    zaka123 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am also big in the chest area. I put my chest strap under the bra like previous posters have said. I can barely tell I have it on and get accurate readings.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My chest strap is pretty comfortable - once I realized that it went UNDER instead of over(lol)! I can't even feel it while working out! I have a Series A hrm (Body Fit), It keep up with HR, Zone, and Time, but not the CALORIES BURNED!!!!!:sad: Darnit!!! Apparently I didn't know what I was doing while shopping for it.:huh: I thought that ALL HRMs gave cals burned, but I guess I need another one... has anyone ever heard of this?:noway:
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just got the Ft4, and like the other posters here wear it under my bra. And I'm an H cup :blushing:
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I am off to try it again and will tuck it under my sports bra. *fingers crossed that I get used to it* I really like the HRM and was surprised how different the calorie burn was from the database.

And as for the drama, really??? With all the places a post about big boobs and strapping things on could have gone?? tsk tsk