Mountain Biking - WOW

Options
Been living in my house for 4 years now and one of the reasons we moved here was the nearby forest tracks that I said would be useful for mountain biking.............. 48mths later and the only dirt my bike has seen is the dust that has fallen on it in the garage!

Last night I decided to clean it down, oil the chain and pump the tyres and it was as good as new. This morning I took it out for a ninety minute ride hitting the local forest roads and fire tracks. It was hard work, sun was beating down on me and the tracks were getting dense following floods earlier this year..................... but my gosh was it awesome!

On the way back I pulled in for a skim milk flat white coffee and logged the 90minute ride and couldnt believe the calories it burned. Fresh air, walled by nature and hard work............. I wish I hadnt have wasted all those previous weekends.

So if your bike is gathering dust like mine was, then shake it off. You wont regret it. :smile:

Replies

• lduffee
    lduffee Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the dreams! We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground and calling for more this weekend! Just kidding, cannot wait to get out the bike and take off. Or maybe can't wait to feel the sun coming down on my back! Enjoy and have a agreat weekend. :laugh:
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    very encouraging! Thanks :) It sounds like soooo much fun!
    We live in the city (darnit!). But I've been thinking of getting out my bike. Since I can't get hubby to join me, I guess I'll have to do it by myself. All I could do is roam the neighborhood, but I may take a little detour across some grass and a hill now and then ;)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Pulled mine out last weekend and road our awesome paved trail 4.2 miles to the beach. Was awesome to be out in the crisp spring air and feel sun on my skin. And I loved how much stronger and lighter I now am! Will definitely be pulling that bike out often throughout the rest of the year. Happy riding to you!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mountain biking. It's fun and you forget how hard you're working. And the calories are great. You probably burnt 1,500 or so in 90 minutes. Most of MFP calorie estimates are liberal, but this one I believe.
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    Options
    Picking up new brake pads tomorrow so that I'm ready to hit the trails again next weekend, have a route that I plan to conquer.

There is one part of the forest that you have to use the fire roads and trails to get to, but has a BBQ setup etc, thinking I might throw a steak & salad in the backpack and cycle there!