All of your questions are answered here....

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
So the topic was supposed to be somewhat humorous..but having been on the Army weight control program earlier in my career, I thought I'd share the U.S Army's view on weight loss and nutrition. All joking aside, this may not be the most up to date information available but if you can sort through the military jargon, there's some excellent "classic" guidelines in here.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_9.pdf

Replies

• ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was training to join but got PDQ once really got rolling due to a previous surgery I had .
    So I know its alot of hard work to get into the Army and they have some strict guidelines
  • Manda1987
    Manda1987 Posts: 207
    Options
    The army's been doing its best to kill my fiance with terrible food... I don't know how good they are on nutritional advice :P
  • gp79
    Options
    Haha, the Army dining facilities...a whole other topic of it's own. I will not even try to defend them, but it's like anywhere else you go "out" to eat. Make smarter choices.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    He made me taste one of the IMPs. The bread, specifically. Bread is not meant to last 5 years. Bleah.
  • gp79
    Options
    I think IMP is an MRE? It comes in a sealed container? Everything from Tobasco to toilet paper? I wouldn't wish those on anyone but I have had my fair share. My favorite is/was the frankfurters, they came in a pack of 4 and were nicknamed "The four fingers of death"
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I think IMP is an MRE? It comes in a sealed container? Everything from Tobasco to toilet paper? I wouldn't wish those on anyone but I have had my fair share. My favorite is/was the frankfurters, they came in a pack of 4 and were nicknamed "The four fingers of death"

lol the post about slop house is very funny, i have worked cleaning up the mess after everyone has eaten.
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Very possible. We're Canadian, so we probably call it something different. IMPs are the meals that you can take out in the field. Everything is boil-in-the-bag or edible cold. Every time my guy's been out in the field he comes back demanding vegetables. Thank goodness he's only with the reserves!