Well now what ??

Options
I have reached my goal weight and the plan here says to maintain it I can consume 2350 Calories a day.

I guess thats good news but can I really ?

I am scared as losing it was a task and I don't want to get it back but don't want to lose more either

Replies

• britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    First, congratulations on meeting your goal!!! That's awesome!! I would just test it out for a week at 2350 calories to see what happens. MFP helped you lose weight, so it probably won't steer you wrong with maintenance :smile: Even after a week, what's the worst that could happen on a maintenance diet? If you gain or lose a pound, you can readjust and be back on track by the next week.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'd slowly work your way up to that amount. Up it by a hundred for a few days, then up it another hundred for a few more days, etc. until you finally get up to the new amount. Otherwise you could shock your system and you could gain some.

Also remember that weight fluctuation within a small range is totally normal so I'd rexommend ignoring your scale for the most part so you don't go too crazy when you don't see your goal weight on the display. ;)
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well congrats thats awesome. I would say exactly what the previous poster put. I wouldn't think that they would put you to a bad place. Is there any advice you can give some of us that are still trying to reach our goal?:smooched:
  • Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well congrats thats awesome. I would say exactly what the previous poster put. I wouldn't think that they would put you to a bad place. Is there any advice you can give some of us that are still trying to reach our goal?:smooched:

Well a rule I went by was not to cheat even a little and to log all my meals everyday no matter how lazy I became