advice needed!!!

Options
Hey guys - 28 days til my bestfriends wedding and i'm maid of honour. I haven't been doing to well on the weight loss front :( What's the most amount of weight do you think I could lose by the 8th April, If I really try hard? and any tips that can help me do this would be much appreciated - I'm desperate!

Replies

• kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I would have to say 5/6lbs as a healthy amount of weight to lose is a week is around 1lb or 1 1/2lb and you only have 4 weeks left as far as tips?? I am not sure are you making your water intake daily I swear by drinking my water now. Good luck and have a good day :smile:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    It all depends. I'd say probably no more than 10 lbs in a months time. but you'd have to work your tail off and really watch those calories.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Try and avoid sugar, salt and simple carbs for 48-72 hours before the wedding. This will help you shed your excess water weight. Keep drinking your water though, you don't want to dehydrate.
    simply put: sugar makes your body hold water.
    technical: sugar=insulin, insulin holds on to salt, salt holds on to water.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Some things that helped me to lose weight lass year:

- Eat every 3 hrs (five mini meals) and include some protein each time you eat
    - cut down on processed sugar
    - do some weight/resistance training 3 x per week
    - interval training instead of long steady state cardio 3 x per week
    - drink 8 glasses of water

Hoe this helps. You can do it but you just have to tell yourself you can and believe you can :-)