Am I losing too much

antonywalsh
antonywalsh Posts: 4
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Hi

I am probably introducing myself a little late because I have been using the site for 20 days now and I think its great. I have it installed on my computer, IPad and Iphone which means I can add my foods in the kitchen when I am preparing food which makes it so much easier.

My meals now are so much better because I am thinking more about what goes in them and the calorie content and I feel so much better for it even though its only been 20 days.

I have 1 concern that I have lost 14lbs so far from a total 32lb I wanted to lose and I am worried if I am losing it too fast. I keep reading that 2lbs per week is the safe amount to lose and this was what my goal was but I am losing just under a 1lb per day.

Does this mean that I was consuming so many calories before starting that I can not help but lose this amount of weight? I keep thinking to myself that its OK because I am eating really well with all the right foods, fruit, vegetables, fish, and water but I wanted other peoples views.

p.s My wife is not very happy with me because she started the same day and has lost 3lbs.

Thanks

Replies

• shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Are you exercising?? My doctor when I started told me I would probably drop the first 10-15lbs. really fast because it would mostly be water weight. And I lost 10lbs. in a little over a week! I was only eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 30-45minutes a day. I can see it being ok especially depending on how you were eating before. If you were eating almost double what you are now I think you'll be ok, just make sure you are eating all your calories for the day. Also, men do tend to lose weight faster. So tell your wife not to get to upset, I lost alot at first but now its 1-2pounds a week. Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    men lose weight faster..its just biology. you are doing fine. keep it up
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Aye, it's very common to drop a lot of weight quickly at the start, mostly water. You'll probably see it slow down at this point - just don't lose heart when that happens!

If you feel good, and you're not hungry most of the time, carry on.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I dropped about 11 pounds my first month on here. Just make sure you're eating enough. Eat the recommended calories and eat your exercise calories. Eating and exercising works to rev up your metabolism.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    well done!

I have noticed men lose weight quicker than women as well.

Also, I think you might find it slows down a bit soon. At first you have more to lose and end up losing pounds quicker and easier. Then after 3-4 weeks it slows down. I remember I lost 8lbs in the first two weeks and then it teetered off to 2lbs a week, plateauxed for a few weeks and then went back to 1-2lbs a week.

You will both get there in the end. I think it's great you are doing it together. Just keep on supporting eachother.
This discussion has been closed.