Hey everyone!

Options
I'm new to MFP and just wanted to say hello to everyone. At 18, i'm assuming that i'm probably one of the youngest people on here but please feel free to introduce yourself as I need all the support I can get. I'd like to lose around 70lbs in total but it seems that dieting on my own just doesn't work. I'm tired of saying, "well, there goes the diet" or "i'll start again on Monday!" I seem to have lost all motivation and my self-esteem currently stands at zero. Hopefully, MFP will work for me this time. I look forward to meeting you all, so pop by and say hello! :smile:

Amy.

Replies

• christinekojack
    christinekojack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to the site :-) I have found it to be a godsend in my weightloss challenge. I hope you do to!! Chin up, you CAN do it, with the support this site provides! Please feel free to add me and good luck xox
  • mimivillaruel
    Options
    hi Amy! welcome to MFP!

i'm also new to this site. let's enjoy it as much as others do. let's stay motivated always :)
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you for the messages girls, it's lovely to meet you both!

Amy.

x
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Hi Amy! I'm 29, and looking to lose about 70lbs as well. Its a lot when you look at it like that, but its achievable when broken up into little mini goals :D Feel free to add me as a friend on here, and we can help to motivate each other :)
  • flttumee
    flttumee Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Amy!. . . ahhh your youth is a great thing to build upon. Just little changes here and there will make a big difference. It hurts my heart to hear young girls have zero self esteem. You are beautiful inside and out! You are exactly where you need to be and you can be and do what ever you choose! As women we are so strong and we need to realize the power we really have. Build your "self esteem bank" think of the good things about you like "I have beautiful hair or teeth or I am loving" or anything that you can fall back on when the self doubt starts to creep in.
    I was abused mentally and physically by my daughters father. I had to keep telling myself."I'm a good Mom, I have a 4.0 (i was in college) I can save money, . . . etc" Eventually, I Iearned that I deserve to love myself and be happy. . right now! Good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the inspirational comments, I can tell i'm going to like it here already! You're all right, we can do this, and we can do it together.

Amy.

x
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I'm 18 years as well
    I always have the " oh ill start on monday" excuse or the " I wont count today" which then turns into tomorrow, the next day then the next day.
    I have really low self esteem as well
  • flynowhawk
    Options
    Hello Amy, I am new to this site too. A coworker recommended it too me. The more I look at it the more excited I get and hopeful that this site will help me too. I wish something like this was available when I was younger. Remember everyday is a new day and keep trying.

Flynowhawk
  • Mischabella
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! As everyone has stated this is a wonderful website...I love logging in everyday :smile: I have lost 20 since joining. Keep up the good work!!!