Food Questions and Ideas

Options
Hello to all out there! I am in need of some ideas/ways to add more protein to my diet. Also....what are some good sources to help me succeed? Thank you....

Jen

Replies

• BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I take "Syntrax Nectar" from the Barriatric.Good stuff and when my hair starts falling out-good sign to start again.I start and within 3 days,I don't lose any.God bless.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Beans, lean meats, low fat cottage cheese, soy. I do protein shakes a lot, and protein bars are like candy bars ;)
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use greek yogurt as a substitute for cream cheese or sour cream. It is also good with fruit & granola or mixed into oatmeal. I like cheese sticks, lean pork & chicken & luna protein bars.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Egg, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, nuts, chicken, fish.

You could add protien powder to somethings you are already eating, like oatmeal. I add to my pancake batter. * haven't had pancakes since I have been doing this though*

You didn't specify if you were a vegetarian or anything like that, so if you dont' eat meat and that is why you need protien, disregard the meat suggestions.
  • nph1960
    nph1960 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As far a sources, you can find good recipe ideas from Cooking Light and Weight Watchers that incorporate lean meats.
  • Rosie958r
    Rosie958r Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eggs, Dairy, Meats, Nuts.
    So maybe have eggs for breakfast, Some kind of meat for lunch. Nuts for snacks.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use beans, lean meats, and nuts. I add beans to several dishes and my family likes it!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    We eat a ton of beans in our house - black beans, kidney, great northern, black eyed peas, green peas...
    Tofu
    Meat (duh) - Chicken, Fish, Beef, Tuna (My fav)
    Peanut Butter
    Veggie Burgers
    Brown Rice
    Dairy
    Eggs (I eat 2-3 egg whites a day)
    Quinoa - If yoi haven't discovered Quinoa yet, you need to!
    Lentils - Another great discovery to make salads and soups out of!