Week three, and about time to introduce myself

Options
momma_roo
momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
Hello All, I'm Rebecca. I have been using myfitnesspal for three weeks and I have lost 5 lbs. I have had my good and bad moments, but I am confident that I will make this work. I am new to dieting. I am a stay at home mom of two toddlers and all though they keep me plenty busy, I find myself sitting at the computer a lot.

As a teenager and in my early 20's I didn't have a drivers licence so I spent a lot of time walking from place to place. Now as a mother and licensed driver I do much less walking. And since having my babies I have lost very little of my pregnancy weight. I have finally come to terms with the fact that the weight is not going anywhere unless I work for it.

I have been on a 1200 calorie diet and I have been trying to get at least 30 minutes of exercise in 5 days a week. I have really been slacking off since coming back from vacation and I could use some support. My goal is to feel comfortable in a bathing suit this year and to become more healthy overall.

Replies

• loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am currently a stay at home mom too and I can relate to the computer thing! Welcome and I'll send a request to you and we can help support each other through this long battle!
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Hi Rebecca and welcome! :)

I've been using this site since the beginning of Feb, but am only now venturing into the forums and writing to people. :)

I've lost 11lbs so far and have about 65lbs to go til I'm at my goal weight. Its going to take a while but with pure stubbornness and determination, and some wonderful supportive friends from this site, I'm sure I will do it!

You can do it too!!! I have absolute faith in you :) Even just the little bits of exercise you manage to get in will help - I love that I can log the housework I do into my calories burned exercise section for cardio! lol! :)

Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me if you'd like - extra support can never hurt :D

Emma
    xx
  • ShonzG
    ShonzG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm fairly new to MFP, so I'm learning how to work out what I should and should not be eating, and how my exercise (and lack thereof) impacts on how much I can eat each day.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some more support!

Shonz
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too, so I can totally relate. Add me as a friend if you want for some more encouragement.

Good luck meeting your goals!