Special K Diet

Options
Has anybody tried the special K diet? Ive been trying it for nearly 2 weeks and so far I have lost nothing, but gaining and loosing 2lbs every few days. Anyone got any advise on this diet?

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it myself, but in one of my recent issues of Healthy Cooking magazine the staff there tried it so they could do a story about it. The results: Nothing! They lost maybe a pound each, but the second they were done with the couple of weeks they tried it, it was back on. Products are good and will aide in keeping calories/sodium down but will not help you lose weight.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're getting enough calories on the diet, your metabolism is probably slowing because of that.
  • quanta
    quanta Posts: 28
    Options
    I was always skeptical of that diet. Special K is a processed cereal with added sugar.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    As a nutritionist, I would tell you to stay away from gimmicky plans like this. Don't get me wrong, I love Special K and eat it myself, but not exclusively which causes exclusion of other healthy options. You won't get all the nutrients you need on a plan that excludes foods whether it is replacing multiple meals a day with cereal or if you cut a food group like with low carb plans, low fat plans, vegan plans, anti-dairy plans, etc. The best thing you can do is to eat a wide variety of foods to get all the nutrients your body needs and eat a majority of your foods that are nutrient dense (lots of vitamins and minerals to lower calories) instead of energy dense (lots of calories to very little vitamins and minerals). No matter how few calories you are eating, you can't efficiently burn fat if you don't have the vitamins and minerals to act as co-enzymes and co-factors to run the metabolic processes of the body.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    I think The Special K diet leaves something to be desired...like nutrients. I love their products. I like to mix in a cup of their cereal as a snack...their snack & meal bars are tasty and if Im lacking calories & dont want to make a trip to GNC for a protein shake...I'll have their shakes.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Special K annoys me. I find own brand cereals are often much better, nutritionally. There's nothing special about it.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So after much deliberation I have decided to quit the special k diet. After putting on 4lbs I realised this was a stupid diet to try. I'm back to counting calories, and taking it slow....

Slow and steady wins the race.