Green Tea

Options
How good is the consumption of green tea when trying to loose weight or just diet in general, ive been drinking loads recently for the past 2 weeks and i don't feel any benefits.

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Green tea is great as long as your not adding sugar.. and such.... its a known fat burner.. but its not gonna work by itself.. still need exercise and diet too
  • nmp1994
    nmp1994 Posts: 96
    Options
    I've replaced my coffee with flavored green tea! love it
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea for more than 10 years. In that time - my weight has gone up and down by quite some way. So I haven't really seen that it makes a difference.

But... having said that, it is better for you than lots of other things you could drink :smile:
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i drink lots of green tea diet, though i drink it because i like it.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Tea is wonderful for you but drinking tea alone isn't going to do much for your weight loss at all. Certainly not anything you will be able to notice over the course of two weeks. I've heard that the average Green tea drinker will burn about 70 calories a day more then the average non tea drinker.....I'm not so sure how accurate that is though myself. *shrug* Tea can be amazing for your health, but it's no miracle plant.
  • living_4_me
    Options
    I recall a fitness buff telling me that drinking green tea boosts your metabolism by 4%. I don't know how accurate this is but just thought I'd pass that along. Something to google perhaps.
  • sia83
    sia83 Posts: 2
    Options
    I saw a lot of diet products with green tea. But they are very expensive so I drink nearly 1l of green tea / day.
    The effect I noticed is that I am more motivated and active. And because of that I am less hungry and do lots of sports.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Along with anythin' else....You still need to exercise & have a good mealplan. I've replaced my triple/triple coffee for Lipton Green Tea - I don't crave coffee anymore. Some may say 'loose green tea leaves' are better...Just depends I guess...I wouldn't say 'Green Tea' helped me in my weight loss alot - but it has helped me not to have a triple/triple (cream/sugar)...:wink:
  • Gary164
    Gary164 Posts: 5
    Options
    I drink about 4-5 mugs of green tean with lemon everyday, i find it very refreshing and seems to give me more energy.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 4 cups of green tea a day and have been doing so for at least a year or more. I haven't noticed anything special in the way I feel or how it's affected my weight or my metabolism. What I love about it though is that it curbs cravings, fills me up when I have the munchies, warms up my stomach on a cold day, tastes great, plus it's really good for me. I love my green tea!
  • sapreston
    sapreston Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Go for the tea that you have to brew. The stuff in the bottle has alot of extra stuff that you dont need. Also, be sure you still drink lots of water because all teas can act as diuretics if you drink too much!
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing I've been drinking it everyday for the last year, I exercise 4-5 times a week and eat fairly decent and haven't noticed a thing!!
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the advice, I've cut back on green tea as ive noticed its more of a directic. Now i'm only drinking 2 - 3 cups a day and instead im drinking 2ltrs of water a day.