Huh?

Options
mello
mello Posts: 817 Member
I have been here now since May and have learned ALOT!!!!!!! I have been following a really strict excercise regime of no less than 45 min of intense cardio 6 days a week, and machine weights 2-3 days a week. The weight loss has been good, but it seems to have crawled off slowly.

I have had a major summer cold and have not been to the gym in the last week and a half (going back today) and I have lost five lbs in the time I didn't go to the gym. I read something yesterday about stress hormones and excessive cardo=body holding on to fat. Could it be that I let my body relax, or am I losing muscle mass due to not going to the gym?

I appreciate any advice.....the devil in me says stay away from the gym till I stop losing again!!:noway: But I know better........I've just been loosing the weight faster since I've not been there.

Replies

• mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have been here now since May and have learned ALOT!!!!!!! I have been following a really strict excercise regime of no less than 45 min of intense cardio 6 days a week, and machine weights 2-3 days a week. The weight loss has been good, but it seems to have crawled off slowly.

I have had a major summer cold and have not been to the gym in the last week and a half (going back today) and I have lost five lbs in the time I didn't go to the gym. I read something yesterday about stress hormones and excessive cardo=body holding on to fat. Could it be that I let my body relax, or am I losing muscle mass due to not going to the gym?

I appreciate any advice.....the devil in me says stay away from the gym till I stop losing again!!:noway: But I know better........I've just been loosing the weight faster since I've not been there.
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Take care of your cold first..THEN go back to the gym .I learned that lesson the hard way once when I was really sick..but also desperate to loose the weight..so I kept working out.... it just made everything worse and the cold turned into bronchitis and the recovery was much longer than it needed to be. Once you feel better you can get back on your feet and slowly work back up to where you once were!