Goal calories

Options
cfolkens
cfolkens Posts: 27 Member
My goal cal per day is 1310 but after exercise it says 1700.... should I just stick to the 1310 for the best weight loss?

Replies

• serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY STICK WITH THE 1300! If you eat the 1700 you are eating what you burned - so not much losing will be happening. It does allow for a little wiggle room on special days, but as a rule stick with your basic calorie allowance. GOOD LUCK! :)
  • Sweetlost
    Sweetlost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No, you have to stick with the net calories and that means eat the exercise cals. If you subtract 1300 from 1700 you have your exercise cals. So eat up!!!!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    There are people with opinions on both sides of this issue. Basically, your goal calories has a deficit built in, so it's up to you if you want to eat back your exercise calories or not. For me, I found that if I do not eat at least half of my exercise calories back my scale stops cold...and that can get very frustrating when you are working so hard and sticking to your calories and all that. Not to mention that I feel completely drained of all energy. Listen to your body. If you are sluggish after a few days of not eating back those calories, then I would suggest eating at least some of them back.
  • serabee5
    serabee5 Posts: 89
    Options
    My goal cal per day is 1310 but after exercise it says 1700.... should I just stick to the 1310 for the best weight loss?

I want to apologize. The information I gave you was the information I was given when I started MFP. I have since found out it is not correct. Please read this and decide for yourself.

I am sorry again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo