S.B.F. Fitness Challenge. . .July 10. . .

Options
Morning!

Today is yoga day, and some light walking. (and water and vits.)

Again. . .an "experiment" update. Yesterday, around 9 pm, I wanted popcorn. When I logged my food for the day after the "want", I found that I had about 300 calories left to keep my proper deficit, which coincidentally is exactly what is in my accustomed-to serving of popcorn. Tah-dah! I'm converted, I think. I'm enjoying my food more, and feel less "boxed-in" food wise.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Today is yoga day, and some light walking. (and water and vits.)

Again. . .an "experiment" update. Yesterday, around 9 pm, I wanted popcorn. When I logged my food for the day after the "want", I found that I had about 300 calories left to keep my proper deficit, which coincidentally is exactly what is in my accustomed-to serving of popcorn. Tah-dah! I'm converted, I think. I'm enjoying my food more, and feel less "boxed-in" food wise.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I did the biggest loser workout: warm up, low intensity, high intensity and cool down. I burned 444 cals according to my HRM. These workouts are tough and the contestants are such an inspiration!!! I also love how the trainers motivate you to keep on pushing your limits!!! Have a great day!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I forced myself to go to weights class. I was sore, but I'm not today, so I was probably being wimpy. I told myself I could do class with eights instead of tens, but then the class was so crowded, someone wanted to use my eights. I think I will email my gym and ask them to offer more of Veronica's classes - or at least another evening weights class. Went to yoga afterward and did a pretty good handstand. Also went for a walk.

Today: walking. I got up late, so I won't be able to make it to the gym this morning. I'll go tomorrow.

oh, about Bikram having different names for poses - I asked my teacher about that - she said it was across the board different styles have different names, because for some poses, no one knows the original name.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Just got back from a really long walk by the river. It's such a beautiful morning!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Took my son to his tumbling class this morning. Still having my girly but I am about to get off my rear and do 45 minutes of Taebo Amped. Going grocery shopping with a friend so may be walking a LOT this afternoon too. Depends on how well our kids do! Ha ha ha.
    I stayed within my calories yesterday! First time in forever! I stepped on the scale this morning and still weight the same, but I figure after AF is gone I will drop a couple...I hope!
    Goals today: 45 Minutes Taebo, walking later
    Drink as much water as I can, but it probably won't be what I should have
    Log my food and stay in my calories!
    Resist junk when I go to the store later!

Have a happy day!
    Melissa
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Planning to swim 30 min easy today. I am going to try out the clothes I am planning to wear in the triathlon Sunday. I am trying to get by without the $100 triathlon specific shorts. I am increasing my calories to maintainance today through Sunday. Don't think racing on weight loss is a good idea.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I walked 3 miles this morning, and I plan to do pilates this afternoon and yoga before bed.

Oh, and a comment about the popcorn. I read in a magazine(I think it was Ladie's Home Journal), that popcorn can be a mood-lifter because it increases your bodies release of serotonin. I love air-popped popcorn for a snack, it's not as yummy without butter but I've adjusted and it's pretty low Cal.